Favourite Poppers for Salmon

I have a few small poppers but none that could really be cast any distance to be of any use when flicking a good distance on a beach (For an example think of browns and trying to cast at the fish up the back of the lagoon). Although I do own a halco roosta 105 (bonito) that I haven't flicked around yet but I think could be cast a fair distance. I also have a TD popper (translucent bluegill) that my mate has done quite well on ST's with.What do you guys/gals use for chasing salmon on poppers? And what size/s do you recommend? And colours you find most successful :)Just looking to expand my ever-growing lure collection and give me a few more options :woohoo: Salmon big or small I want to cover all my options!CheersSquid

I like the surecatch poppers, their weighty enough to cast a decent distance, I use the 120mm for big surf salmon and the 60mm for st/coota, their most important benifit is that the dish/scoop has holes that produce a bubble trail for the fish to hone in on, they also have a large dish to displace plenty of water which can help get the salmon excited enough to hit the surface.cheers :)

I'm still waiting to break in my seajigger that i bought the other day. Pairing it up with a 4000 of some description. Just wasn't sure on the size of the popper I should use.Softy the holes are essentially where the gills would open on a real fish so it makes a stream of bubbles which attract the fish to the lure (as Piranha said). I'll have to check out the surecatch ones and see. I do like the halco's and will stock up on them but looking for a few alternatives as some lures work on some days and get shunned the next :)