yeah ive got the maroon ones i was starting too really shit myself for a moment when i read about for 10 bucks almost cried lol but as we all know each too there own and im glad too get some feed back on them from other fisho's cheers fellas and fingers crossed so far so good my graphite ones have stayed together but who knows what a 10kg mully in the river has too say about that lol

• 3 weeks later...

it couldve been worse ie:- a $700 loomis fly rod sometimes the top of the range hi-mod graphite rods can break very easily after a very light knock :- light thin walled graphite rods, sometimes you dont even know the rod has taken a knock ie:- lend it to your m8 its a common thing so dont feel bad just take extremely good care of them or like me stick with lower modulos (also cheaper( or composite rods

well i can say that does happen last year i brought myself a little shimano combo of all things when i first started flickin plastics n second trip out it snapped clean in half aswell although in sayin that ive never had a problem with any other shimano gear

I had a brand new rapala x-wrap rod snap a tip when casting 7inch plastics off port Norlunga Jetty. Theat was a $249 dollar rod. Ended up replacing with the Berkley Diablo and havent had a problem since. I own a black diamond bream stikck (graphite rod that I use for my trouting) and I tell you what I have accidently lifted the rod up into the ceiling of the house many times and thought oh crap its a gonna break the tip clean off, but it just bounces right off!!. This thing has taken some knocks and man its tough.

yep i guess ya just never know sometimes the cheapest thing in the store can do the job just as well if not better the top shelfer .

my scenario actually shows that the quality of graphite used and how they make the blank can make a massive difference. The Black Diamond is no cheap rod its a $400 stick but the quality of the graphite is way better than in the $250 dollar stick...which is to be expected and comes down to - you get what you pay for...but yeah, there are some gutsy cheap rods...that do perform faultlessly too.