Funniest/most bizarre Fishing trip with mates?

Come on lads, I'm sure you have all got a tale to tell regarding a crazy fishing trip you have been on.I will get the ball rolling... The lads chipped in to treat a mate to a fishing charter for his birthday. Everything was going well with some good hook ups when the birthday boy made a cast and felt something move in his pocket but in the excitement of hooking into a good fish he forgot about it till he had landed the fish. Only then did he realize his wallet had slipped out and gone overboard, unfortunately it had $600 in it plus various cards etc... we never did find it but I reckon some lucky bugger in New Guinea has probably been made very, very happy. Needless to say this topic comes up in conversation when we have had a few coldies and it is a birthday treat our mate will never forget!...onya Marko.

Too many good times.Just recently hit Wallaroo jetty early and my brother thought he would have a little more sleep on the planks so my mate and i very stealthaly baited where he was sleeping with pillie bits, soon enough he had 20 odd seaguls squaking and flapping around him and at one stage sitting right on him, my brother though spent about five minutes batting them away and mumbling at them until he woke up properly, when he did finaly realise what was going on he jumped up and nearly went over the edge thinking he was being attacked by seaguls. He never suspected us and thought it was just a weird natural seagul thing.Lesson for the wise, don't fall asleep on a fishing trip.

Too many good times.Just recently hit Wallaroo jetty early and my brother thought he would have a little more sleep on the planks so my mate and i very stealthaly baited where he was sleeping with pillie bits' date=' soon enough he had 20 odd seaguls squaking and flapping around him and at one stage sitting right on him, my brother though spent about five minutes batting them away and mumbling at them until he woke up properly, when he did finaly realise what was going on he jumped up and nearly went over the edge thinking he was being attacked by seaguls. He never suspected us and thought it was just a weird natural seagul thing.Lesson for the wise, don't fall asleep on a fishing trip.[/quote']:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Too many good times.Just recently hit Wallaroo jetty early and my brother thought he would have a little more sleep on the planks so my mate and i very stealthaly baited where he was sleeping with pillie bits' date=' soon enough he had 20 odd seaguls squaking and flapping around him and at one stage sitting right on him, my brother though spent about five minutes batting them away and mumbling at them until he woke up properly, when he did finaly realise what was going on he jumped up and nearly went over the edge thinking he was being attacked by seaguls. He never suspected us and thought it was just a weird natural seagul thing.Lesson for the wise, don't fall asleep on a fishing trip.[/quote']I'll remember that story in case I ever get an invite from you :silly: :silly:

Got a good one,A mate of mine (who shall remain nameless) and i hit browns one weekend. Got there late arvo and decided to get on the trek to the lagoon. Well we were walking past the first hole right near the big rock and thought we'd have a ping. There were good fish there, 4- 6 lbers. Anyway im killing it while he is dealing with over head issues. Anyway he got a massive birds nest and decided to cut off then ping lures. (all the mean while im hauling in salmon) Eventually gets his lure on a brand new lazer and loads up.......snap and the lure dissapears into the ocean :lol: :lol: needless to say hes spewing at this moment so he ties on another bait rig (im still catching salmon) He cast out again MASSIVE birds nest while the rig sits in the ocean. Cuts it off at the reel and pulls in the rig by hand.While he's trying to sort out the mess (im still catching fish) and rethreading his rod a HUGE albertross(?) comes in and grabs his rig that still had a pillie on it and flies off over the sand dunes with his rig that he hadn't attached yet!! :lol: :lol: :lol: i was pissing myself! He eventuall got a rig to stay on and got into a few, THAT was some funny sh*tcheers OS

I remember that mate you are talking a bout Salty, I think that was the same guy who on his first fishing trip cast his line from the back of the boat and forgot to hold onto his rod! Then dove in after it, throwing his sunnies of mid flight! He eventually got his rod of the sea bed and kept fishing!

I have another one. We were out of point turton on my snapper spot all catching 80cm plus snapper. My brother in law was battling a nice fish when all of a sudden he says, "look at my line!?" It was steadily rising to the surface! Something then breached the surface out off the side of the boat and my mate yells, "youve caught a dolphin!". Well it wasnt a dolphin at all but a massive sea lion, which was that big everyone was yelling " its a f#!#ing wallruss!". Well the sea lion had picked up his snapper and bought it to the surface. Once on the surface it lokked at us then shook his head and threw the snapper about 10 metres. So the bro in law quickly wound it in with the sea lion hot on its tail! When we got the snapper on board the sea lion sat at the back of the boat glaring at us, as to say give me back my dinner. The snapper had its tail missing and most of its belly ripped out and was dead. I then tried to get the hooks out so we could give him back his dinner, when the snapper chomped my thumb and put a whole in my finger nail.The sea lion eventually got his snapper back but he did look like he wanted to get in the boat with us, which was kind of scary!Very funny wierd fishing trip which is allways talked about over some beers.

Great stories lads keep them coming, a reel hoot, reminds me of one of the times I went fishing at Wirrina, one of my mates is Japanese, he was fishing for squid, he had a couple of good ones and was just bringing in another when a dolphin latched hold of his squid, my mate was really concerned as the dolphin wouldnt let go and he thought maybe the jag had got caught in the dolphin's beak. Thankfully the dolphin managed to free itself. Anyway our Japanese mate copped a load from us guys on the return journey home, comments like, "What is it with you Japs, you're not happy just catching whales you have to go after dolphins as well." To top it all he also got pretty sunburnt. He's a great mate but we did have a pretty good laugh at his expense that day!... keep the stories rolling lads, onya, Marko.:laugh: :laugh: :drink: :boot:

a good mate of mine had become friends with a bikie type guy that had moved to port lincoln to open a gun shop,he wanted to catch a snapper..the three of us left the marina in a 50ft glass boat "jazzindie" headed for dangerous reef..sometime along the way he produced a bag of pistols..after many "you lookn at me" and peppering bottles we arrived.the guy whipped out a brand new game rod and big gold overhead reel,he had a massive tackle box with everything in it..he confided in us that he couldnt tie a knot.well we got him sorted and baited.snow brought the boat over for a nice drift,ready to drop..what ever his name is decided to cast,and before my eyes he proceeded to cast..but forgot to hang on to erm..any part of his rod..yeah..he threw it all in the piss..600 dollars worth he said..was sad n funny..mostly funny tho.

my mate and i were fishing ardrossan jetty one winters morning.... and he was really board so he decided to do TRICKS with his squid jagg. casting it all different ways and all that, so he decided right im going to have my back to the water and cast backwards over my head :D. Having doing that he was wearing a brand new hat that cost him around 80-90 buxs. The jagg got caught on his hat as he was casting and went into the water with the squid jag, it went out a good 20 or so metres :D :D :D.i was pissing myself laughing as he didnt know wether to get it or not. Being a new expensive hat he decided to dive in and get it :P fully clothed he jumped into the freezing cold water... while he was swimming out to get it japanese toursit saw what was going on and started taking happy snaps of him for thier return home :D in the mean time i was absolutly on the floor in tears, just because he was being an smartarse :D