Gday.I might soon be being presented with my first opportunity to visit the great KI.Thankfully I can't be slapped through a computer (yet) but wait for this...I'm not taking my kayak. Instead, I'm taking the missus and her mother!All sarcasm aside, I've not been to KI before and it will not purely be a fishing trip but there will certainly be a line being wet daily though.Does anyone have any hints/tips/suggestions regarding the island?Places to fish? Species to target? Accomodation?Getting there is a bit of a bummer isn't it? $418 return for 1 sedan with 3 adults in it! Holy moley.On the topic of accomodation, has anyone had any experience with "pet friendly" lodgings? If I can find somewhere that accept him, I'll be taking a 15 month old Blue Heeler (he's very well behaved, properly trained and does not bark incessently).Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Cheers.

Vivonne bay!!!theres a property i stay at however i dont have his contact details on me so I'll have to get back to you.Its fairly pet friendly as its on plenty of bush acerage, however just be mindful of snakes, goannas, penguins... well any fuana, its all there. Its right on the river front with the mouth only 100m away (if that)

Funkychicken, cant help u with accomadation but kingscote jetty is one of SA's best rec fishing platforms, day time might be a little slow at times , but you will still catch squid , tommies and gar. King george whiting are there as well if ur patient, kingfish, salmon .At night this jettyturns into a snook mans paradise...lol even good size trevally can be caught .its a top spot and easy fishing.

Thanks for the replies Strikehookers!I'll pore through your info and see what I come up with.I'll be taking both light and heavy gear to fish from the beach, rocks or jetty.If I get there, expect a good report on my return (I mean "good" as in comprehensive, not necessarily "good" as in lots of big fish).Thanks again.Cheers.

I went for my first trip to KI about this time last year and had a great time. We stayed in a cabin on the north coast (definitely not pet friendly- or car friendly for that matter). The north coast seems to be a bit more rugged and more rocky. Though really rough weather hampered the whole trip I still managed snook off the rocks as well as tommies, whilst the beach had good numbers of mullet and a few other things over a couple of days. On the last day the weather cleared up enough for me to pull the rod out and kill some time in Nepean Bay before heading to the ferry. Fishing 4lb line with small hardbodies I caught a few YFW etc before hooking a estimated 7-8lb sambo- great fun for 1/2 an hour on light line before he made one last run and broke me off! Teach me for not checking my leader for knicks!!I reckon KI would be an absolute gun place for a week's fishing trip- pity about the missus (I know your pain) and mum! Cut your own path and just fish wherever looks 'fishy' because I'm certain you'll catch something. Good luck.