Port Lincoln mulloway

Hi guys,I'm moving to Pt Lincoln in the very near future, and being a very keen mulloway fisho, I'm trying to find out locations where I can hit the beaches.Problem is, I can't really find anything out about any of the beaches nearby (within 150km) in regards to mullies.Everything written up about the Eyre Peninsula is about the far west coast.Does anybody know more about fishing for mullies from the beaches down the bottom? I would have thought beaches like Gunyah would hold mullies, but you never read about it.Any help? Not asking for any secret spots, just wondering if there are any spots at all down there!Cheers,Pete

Hey pete!As srick said the local salmon beaches hold them at times! Millers hole, salmon hole, lone pine (basically the whole of sleaford bay) will have them! Give them all a try...I think I'll find the fishing pretty damn good even if your not hookin the jewies!Some of the spots are pretty dangerous if your not careful and remember a cliff gaff for the holes!

Yeah thnx af, my m8s spelling-wording is pretty err "bad" :laugh: but yeah he may have accidently missed a 0 as for pt neil :laugh: :whistle: :laugh: oh well, he is pretty genuine though, he use to take us out to lincoln national park where we'd camp out for a few nights & fish mac laren point or memory cove (key access) straight off big granite bolders, or gud fishing spots for snapper morwong nanygai & BIG squid, one day ill be back there, aboriginal fella told me theres a big fish with my name on it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :whistle:

Hey PeteI've never tried for or caught Mulloway over here but i do know they get the occasional fish off wisemans beach in the lincoln national park plus as other people have said Millers hole and the salmon hole (Alvey Country).Whilst people are very tight lipped about it, a number of schoolies get caught off the light surf beaches that start about 20kms north of arno bay and extend spasmodically all the way to Tumby Bay.From what i understand though you do have to put in plenty of time and if you fish all night and manage to catch a schoolie then you've done well!

Wow, thanks alot fellas for the reponses!Looks like I've got a whole lot of spots to try my luck! I'm still after my first one, and I've already put in a good 150 hours of fishing specifically for jewies between this summer and last. I've been in groups where we've caught 40+ lb fish, but still no luck for me.The Dog Fence is definitely in my sights, but I might save that for the end of the year so I can gear myself up for a decent stint there.

I wouldnt be surprised to see mullies come off Scotts Beach either over Fowlers Bay way :)

The Dog Fence is definitely in my sights' date=' but I might save that for the end of the year so I can gear myself up for a decent stint there.[/quote']Its definiteley tiger country out there, and not the place to take much for granted.Take a very reliable vehicle, spare parts, pelnty of spare fuel and water, and preferably take two vehicles.It can be a pretty isloated area out there, with temps I know of to 55Deg C !I hit 48C on the way in :pinch: :whistle: Soon after the turn off the bitumen. You'd probably get to the beach in a 2X4, but the beach is definitely 4X4 Posted ImageThe headland where the fence meets the oceanPosted ImageGreat spot for sure, and dont feed the dingoes or you'll be pestered all night :whistle: