Redfin adventure

MM an i managed to get out monday for an adventure south of Adelaide . Tried out one location and although it is a promising spot , we didn't have any luck . Probably the wrong part of the day . I always fished this location when i was a kid and have done really well . Off to a new location that neither MM or i had fished before . Arrived an headed down to the dam wall . Couldn't see any way down on our side but a couple of other fellas were already fishing at the bottom of a clear path down on the other side . MM an me headed off to find a way down as the water looked very promising . After following a track that wittled down to a narrow path that then headed down a steep embankment we found our selves behind the reeds at the waters edge but no way to reach the water to fish . Spewin . At this point we headed out a different way up another steep embankment and said if we don't find another decent track that heads towards the water we will follow it back to the car . Reached the track and this looked promising even if it was rather steep again . We finally reached the waters edge and fished away . Not to long fishing the new spot MM was on . 2 minutes later he was on again . A minute later i was on . It was a good little sesh with the last fish smashing my lure right on the edge of the water . Awesome . We had a look around the area at the few different spots to fish from , before heading out back to the car . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvkBld_R2bECheers MM for another great adventure .

if you seen a tuncston colour vt commodore wagon parked just near the access gate that was us ,wel didn find an easier path too use just next time will park nearer the school too save us walkin all the way back too the start of the track near the wall. nice little spot down there firt time either 1 of us had been down and plan on going back just not the malcom douglas way .we spotted a couple of fellas fishing the other side at the bottom of the wall research tells us that they came in from the other side though .MM

Cheers fellas . Starting to get the hang of this editing caper . Still a lot of bits i dont know , but i will figure it out . It is one hell of a steep slope at times (when its not cliffs) and i feel for you having 3 months worth . We didn't hang around till sunset down there Tonyb as i had an appointment later in the evening but still keen to get back down there for another go and hopefully be there till sunset . And if we catch half that amount i would be wrapt . Will talk to you soon and let you know rooney . Half your luck bream reaper , living so close to such a nice spot and once we found that decent path it was a lot easier . But still a hell of a hike out . My legs were like jelly back at the car . Nice photos to , great looking fish . It was hard to get a smile on that guy in the blue shirt mully but i got one in the end !

I have 'lived' in that gorge for 34 years (spent most my childhood down there). there are a few tracks that would be ok for two people an a yak on a trolley, if you dont mind a walk. I used to get trout and gudgeons regularly- I actually prefered it before they flooded behind the dam- some of my old spots are now 5 metres or more under water...