Hi the tommy king, Mate of mine just came back from Ardrossan spent the weekend there raking & on the jetty with nets, lots of crabs but almost all of them undersized worked out he got 1 keeper every hour. I would recomend Wallaroo jetty for crabbing never left there without a feed of crabs plus you can go squidding while you wait to bring up the crab nets. Cheers Davo.

@ TTK, anywhere along the side facing Adelaide, assuming you can find some legals. Maybe increase your chances by taking a side road that heads to an off-the-beaten -track location. That might work :unsure:

Seems to me the Jetties cop a hiding TTK' date=' Id be raking myself.:)[/quote']That could be a little painful AFF!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'd try raking the sand!!!:P;)
You dont know how itchy my back gets mate :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ive hit the ards jetty and area hard for crabs this summer... its deff on the decline.. i reckon they hae spawned later and will take a bit longer tp get the more legal crabs... id try wallaroo myself and surrounding beaches raking for them...however Its ardrossan for me this weekend :D for one reason only..

Just spent the weekend at Stansbury and out from the caravan park there was plenty taken both days. I went out for a dozen for lunch and got them in under 2 hours ...not having raked for 14 years....any mug can do it !!! All the locals were getting enough as well so there seems to be enough around.Threw back 3 times the amount just under sizes and even had a squid on the rake at one stage...slipped through sadly but nearly had him