A pigeon pair of 6'6" 8-15lb spin rods.

Gday.I'm just putting the finishing touches on a couple rods I've done up for two mates of mine.One is a die hard Crows fan and wanted old style binding done in Adelaide Crows colours - as much as I tried, I could not talk him out of this.The other one wanted something a bit more "different" - ie: he wanted something a bit brighter, even getting towards the gaudy stage. "Well, if that's what you want..." I said and chose bright green, purple, silver and white for his wraps.Personally, I prefer the non-Crows one. Not because of my affection towards Port Adelaide, I just reckon it looks pretty nice.The blanks are two piece, 6'6" (1.98m), 8-15lb (4-7kg) MHX graphite with fast action and medium power. The guides are Pacific Bay, the real seat is Fuji and the grips are St Croix cork.I hope my two bozo mates are happy with them and that they find them some ok fish.Cheers.IMG_0595small.jpgIMG_0596small.jpg550079small.jpg550081small.jpg550195small.jpg550194small.jpg550200small.jpg

Mate they look the goods. I always admire a craftmens work that i dont have the skill or patience to even get close to doing myself. How long did they take ya to do?

I'm far from a craftsman, but thanks for the appreciation anyway.I haven't timed myself to actually see how long a rod takes me to build. I've always just built them a bit here & there - whenever I have time really. That said, I have spent the occasional arvo bent over a blank and a fair bit of progress can be made when you're in the zone.I reckon keeping an eye on the clock might make the attention to detail suffer a bit. If something's not right it gets taken off and done again, and again if necessary.Anyway, thanks for the interest in the rods guys & gal.Cheers.

said before but i`ll say it again (because you deserve it) NICE ! work man,:woohoo: have made a couple of my own,and i know roughly the time and effort you spend on somthing like this,there both fine works man you should be pround of those well done.:clap: :clap: :clap: am building one for my self at the moment i`ll try to get some pic`s up one day when i work out how,lol.wondering man, what epoxy do you use,?

wondering man' date=' what epoxy do you use,?[/quote']Gday.I use Flexcoat epoxy. They make a "normal" epoxy and another one they call "High Build" or something. I believe the high build comes out a bit stiffer when parts A & B are mixed to allow you to make a thicker coat of epoxy with each application.I use the normal stuff and do several thinner coats.There are other brands out there, Erskines is one I've heard good things about but I just stick to Flexcoat because I've been happy with what it does.Good luck with the building. Get some photos up for us!Cheers.