kingi reel and braid question/

Does anybody have experience/ or thoughts about 'black marlin ' brand,sk 71 spectra braid.It looks and feels the same as the very good and very expensive Daiwa orange 'sensor' braid that is made in japan, Which i have used for many years and found to be brilliant ? Is it good bang for bucks ? my understanding is that it is just as good and reliable as a dyneema braid, ? also am seriously going to be chasing the kings at pt Auguste this winter and dont want to spend over $400 dollars on a spinning reel . would value other kingi chasers opinions please about reel value and or drag upgrades , i am considering 25 kg braid for the kingies, Is that to heavy for throwing out poppers and or gar skip baits if i see them near my boat, cheers cooki

For kings you need quality tackle or you will get blown away. You are better off buying well known brands. Reels like the Daiwa 6500 Catalina, saltist are gd reels without spending the $$. With Saltiga being the best spinning reel on the market it will cost you a bit $$$. 50 pound braid will be fine chucking lures or livebaiting with my favorite brands being tuffline, suffix 832, fins and any of the sensor, saltiga or accudepth etc

For kings you need quality tackle or you will get blown away. You are better off buying well known brands. Reels like the Daiwa 6500 Catalina' date=' saltist are gd reels without spending the $$. With Saltiga being the best spinning reel on the market it will cost you a bit $$$. 50 pound braid will be fine chucking lures or livebaiting with my favorite brands being tuffline, suffix 832, fins and any of the sensor, saltiga or accudepth etc[/quote']Pity that the Catalina & Saltiga's are way out of his $400 price range?:huh: Daiwa 6500 size Saltist would do the job or if prefer a Shimano the Saragosa 18000F or 14000F, which you should be able to pick up for under $400. Proven big fish reels that are used for heavy jigging e.t.c & will tackle a King no worries. Also check out the Tuff Tackle reels, may be able to pick one up within your budget. Seen a video of a bloke catching a big PA King on a Alvey, so as long as your angling skills are honed a mid range reel/rod should be fine.;)

Why is that cause 20kg's of drag & carbontex washers not up to the task or that you have read somewhere on the net of people having problems with them?:huh: At the end of the day chances of hooking multiple Kings over 4 or 5 days at PA is highly unlikely anyway. Some well known charters over WA carry outfits that comprise of 18000F Saragosa's, that are used to catch multiple big Sambos on a regular basis. By the way not having a go at you Shark_Fisho just trying to help cooki with some suggestions that fall within his budget & get the job done.;)

+1 for the Saragosa for under $400I've used it before great drag and thats what you need for these crazy fish. It's got the Dartanium drag which is good quality and will last and when it does die you can option up to Carbontex.And for the braid question: I never heard of that brand before but why dont you stick to whats been brilliant to you, especially if your going for kingfish. I wouldnt go under 50lb but thats just me. Hope that helps. goodluck

If you want to see this china fishing gear in real life, go down to lonsdale to "black marlin" tackle. Just off the freeway, next to Christies wreckers. They have the sambo elite and the black marlin stuff in stock along with china braid. If taking the risk on this gear, maybe go and see them first and see what warranty theyl give ya. Just remember that a valid warranty wouldn't replace the loss of a 30kg King due to a broken reel.My kingy gear: is a TLD 25 on a sambo elite 24kg stand up stroker with penn 40lb mono. Shopped around and got the whole set up for well under $250. I weighed it all up and was willing to risk the rod. Never got a touch on any of it, but before I go back to PA I have a custom built and never used stroker to buy of a mate, he won it at a fishing comp.Lastly, my opinion o the braid is do it, I have reels with Finns, Power pro and china "rubbish". Most tangles: FinnsCant fault the powerpro and for the price, the china stuff is great, it diiffinatly has the breaking strength as quoted + some

probaly wont help much' date=' but because i love the baitrunner seting for live bait im thinking of geting the thunnus ci4 1200 only heard amazing reviews for them, and hold enough 50 pound braid and youl have change from 400[/quote']I'm chasing one of these reels too if anyones got one & wants to part with it, send us a pm thanx.