2011 Adelaide Boat Show

well i spent the day down at wayville and to be honest it was a lil bit dissapointing there needs to be some local tackle shop/s there to sell there wares as anaconda and the sydney based one are just clearing out excess stocks. i did purchase a strudwick 701s sick stick pro for my up coming bream tournaments :ohmy: :laugh::laugh::laugh: which was very well priced.i did sit through a session on sounders which was interesting. asked a few q's to the EPA. and coast guards etc and the perve on the farmers union stage was ok i guess :blush::blush: overall i would rate it a 6/10 needs pole dancers or semi nakeds handing out flyers on how to tie knots :laugh::laugh:

hi all just my own personal opinion on the boat show:it seems alot smaller than previous shows im not really into the boats - why go then - I go to get tackle specials etc.there is only 1 real tackle setup they are from NSW pretty good range of stuff eg 3 vibes for $10 which was great, they have reels rods, landing nets etc etc.the other tackle shop was annaconda - pretty small display really.as far as fishing sites I believe that was it - the bling is nice but i was disapointed that there wasn't really a kayak display - Binks for example with Hobies seeing though its the fasted growing sport in Oz at present. (Annaconda did have a few)so for what its worth thats about it apart from houseboats, sunglass stall, vaccum seal stall and maybe a few others.Enjoy if you go - 102.3 were giving out free tickets and managed to score 2 at gate - bonus...cheersoh yeah got some good info on marine parks etcNOTE: after reading previous posts there was Hobe there $#&*$&* Im an idiot - must have missed a display - I take that back and am well spewing!!! :angry::angry:

well amazing hwat happens when you see ALL the boat show and not just 1 part!!! :dry: The second are which I missed yesterday had the section I wanted - the Hobie stand dn it was well worth the drive back in the parking and the extra cost to go in...FANTASTIC display all the yaks there to see and check out and great range of parts gear etc.fantastic products well done BINKS and Hobie Australia

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2273.JPG

show was alright. The kids enjoyed it' date=' but if this is what passes as a suitable set up god help anyone who has little or no idea about what they are buying![attachment=5722']24062011002.jpg[/attachment]and no it wasnt the only one I saw. Was on two different sized vessels.Scarey isnt it!

isnt that known as the "stacer spacer"?? :P:P

show was alright. The kids enjoyed it' date=' but if this is what passes as a suitable set up god help anyone who has little or no idea about what they are buying![attachment=5722']24062011002.jpg[/attachment]and no it wasnt the only one I saw. Was on two different sized vessels.Scarey isnt it!

And which dealers employed rock apes for mechanics and to proudly display this......you've got to be kidding, will be worth going there just to see which dealers not to take my boat to for service/repairs

its obviously not gonna be bought like that. its just there for display purposes i would say. not to scratch the new engine, nor the new hull..... shorly thats why,, i hope anyway lol.p.s worst boat show ever anyway. not one cheap bargain to be had.... not happy with payin 15 bucks for that. nor will i go next year. its a dive.

is there anyone on here thats involved in organising anythin to do with the show. waist of your time and ours. thanks for nothin. lol. id rather pay bruce 15 bucks at ray and annes to go to his shop than go to the show next year. even the winches were near on full price, i rekn they only took off the entry fee hahaha.

I was there yesterday and what a waste of money... I thought it was a joke the prices of everything was a joke.. :dry: They need more tackle shops in there but i could think of how much it would cost to put a stand in there..I should have just gone fishing.. :fishing::fishing: :f . PS I think the only good thing about the show was the free sunday mail. But wait that cost $15 it was the most expensive paper i ever bought.. :(

I was there yesterday and what a waste of money... I thought it was a joke the prices of everything was a joke.. :dry: They need more tackle shops in there but i could think of how much it would cost to put a stand in there..I should have just gone fishing.. :fishing::fishing: :f . PS I think the only good thing about the show was the free sunday mail. But wait that cost $15 it was the most expensive paper i ever bought.. :(

FREE sunday mail....I didnt see that, damn!.......oh well live and learn :laugh: ps show was pretty average and thats being nice

to the gentlemen who gave me a free ticket on the way in....thankyou. Was so disappointed, I go every year and there was just nothing there! I do agree need more tackle stores to get onboard and maybe throw some camping stores in there as well. All round disappointing, will consider not going next year on the back of this poor showing this year!

all the above reasons are why i didnt bother going. wasted my cash last year not this year lol be good if we could find the contact details for the organiser then we could all send him an email then he might realise that no 1 is happy with the show and they might do something about it.. i doubt it tho