2011 Adelaide Boat Show

For those who have not heard yet,which based on the lack of promotion would be most of you,the 2011 Adelaide Boat Show :boat: will be back at Wayville :clap: :clap:.The timing has also changed with years show being held from Thursday 23 June to Sunday 26 June.Opening times will be 10am to 6pm every day.From the boat show website,admission will be $15 per person with parking $6 per car.The following link has more detailswww.adelaideboatshow.com.au

we wont be paying $36 to see stuff I can see for free in showrooms & on the web

That brings me to my next question, can someone explain what the purpose of the boat show is. I do appreciate that it costs a lot of money to get that amount of boats and equipment on site so its a massive effort logistically.I mean do the boat sellers have special deals just for boatshow to make it worth you going and purchasing at the show? I know one of the tackle shops at one I went to many years ago did have some rods and reels on sale and it really made it worthwhile going for me that year.But unfortunately in a world were money is so tight, Im wondering how many will go and what the purpose of going is??Because for me its like if youve seen one boat show youve seen them all.But in saying this Im sure there are people that go every year come hail or shine and really enjoy just being around so much boats, boating equipment and tackle.

6 PM closing?? bit early if you work, too bad if you want to go after work, certainly won't be handing over my cash for 30 minutes worth of browsing.Have been disappointed with the last one that I went to at the Convention Centre, few exhibits and the prices on all items were very ordinary.

the boat show capatilises on the nature of boating people (much the same as caravan, model planes, or nearly any other hobby) who get enjoyment out of shopping or browsing.Most people have been into a tackle shop and walked out with things they didn't need. It is why a lot are willing to pay just to browse - and also why it is in winter. What is the next best thing to boating? Looking at boats and day dreaming!

@ Urhookedfish for me when I was looking to upgrade it was good to have all the boats in one place at one time. To be able to walk arou@nd compare prices and features which made it easier to select what make and model was suitable for me. You can’t do it that efficiently on the web; ok you get a few pics and a description: however you cannot sit in it or touch it. You would not pick your wife that way, would ya? Then again some do. Driving around all day going from one yard to another and then back again to compare your top 2 boats is a pain the rear and could cost you just as much if not more. The boat show gets 10/10 from me cheers BB

@ Urhookedfish for me when I was looking to upgrade it was good to have all the boats in one place at one time. To be able to walk arou@nd compare prices and features which made it easier to select what make and model was suitable for me. You can’t do it that efficiently on the web; ok you get a few pics and a description: however you cannot sit in it or touch it. You would not pick your wife that way' date=' would ya? Then again some do. Driving around all day going from one yard to another and then back again to compare your top 2 boats is a pain the rear and could cost you just as much if not more. The boat show gets 10/10 from me cheers BB[/quote']Also much easier to compare boats when they are 30 seconds away from each other rather than a half hour drive. You can get a pretty good perspective by walking from one to another. The boat show makes it very easy to rule out the ones you definitely aren't interested in. We didn't buy from anyone exhibiting at the show (at the time), but we did have a good look through which helped to put our needs and wants into perspective.

They should make it free so more people go.At the end of the day its just a big boat yard where exhibitors only want to talk to people who are genuinely interesting in handing over cash.If more people went then they might sell more boats.Personally i think its a bit cheeky charging people just to listen to promo crap.Sorry to be a downer on it.

i went last year was great to see the live barramundi tank (in the semi trailer aquarium)and having a demo on blades etc. also went and seen marine and harbours lads to ask q's i had as i was new to boating and also nsat down to one of the marine and harbours blokes actually going through marine safety if you havnt got your licence and are thinking of getting it this would be a massive help.was only a few tackle shops selling there wares and the club marine guys were there and gave me a quote on my tub.its also handy for gadgets and gizmos and they had a few cracking good deals on lowrance sounders and also epirbs so if your considering it part wiith ya 15-16 clams and go have a gander i will be :) cheers 4THA.

I agree, seems very early to be closing. I remember a few years ago heading down with a mate after work, but we were very disappointed at the lack of fishing gear on display and we found it quite boring - the best thing about it was the Cas was next door, lol!!Having said that, I think if you are specifically after something like a boat or new sounder it is definitely the place to buy it, especially on the Sunday as they would sometime rather sell gear than pack it up so you can get some great prices!!!

I think if anyone went to the show at Wayville in October, it was completely different to a BIASA show. Lots to see and do and the vibe was fantastic. This was the SA Boat and lifestyle show. If BIASA had any vision they should hook up with Roadshow who presented that show and get some tips, and make one really good show instead of opposing it.If everone is going to complain about boat shows, stay home. Not all dealers are there to get the easy sell, more often it is about education, as you cranky old 50 year olds :whistle: are to proud to ask questions about newer technologies. The boat show does have better deals, often provided as rebates from manufacturers, such as engines. If you are really serious about buying a boat, dealers will do everything they can to sell at the show, you have to sell a lot of boats to cover the $20K + costs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will they be letting people sit the boat license there? I heard a few years back they did such a thing...

Here ya go mate. Adelaide Boat Show in 2011 adelaide boat show 2011Thursday' date=' 23 June 2011 to Sunday, 26 June 2011Happening at adelaide showdrounds The 50th anniversary Adelaide Boat Show in 2011 will be presented in an exciting and enlarged new format!, offering something for everyone.There will be boats of all types and sizes, from the basic tinny to sophisticated cruisers, half cabs, reef runners, ski and wakeboard boats, personal watercraft, electronic equipment, fishing and safety gear.Presentations from the Farmers Union stage area include latest boaties’ fashion gear; fishing and kayaking info, filleting and cooking tips, weather and safety info and you can sit for your boat license, once again a bargain at $30A variety of door prizes are also up for grabs!
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that Boat Show starts on Thursday.If you have ever had the slightest curiosity to try kayak fishing,get along and see all the Hobie kayaks in the one place at the one time.This is the best display of kayaks you will ever see in Adelaide and there will be factory representatives there to discuss any issues you mave have and offer the best advice on which Hobie suits your needs.The Hobie display won "Best Stand" at the Melbourne Boat Show,so it is a definite must see.I will be there Friday night from 5pm to 8pm,see you there.There will be show only specials available that will make it worth the trip.Kym

Just a reminder that Boat Show starts on Thursday.If you have ever had the slightest curiosity to try kayak fishing' date='get along and see all the Hobie kayaks in the one place at the one time.This is the best display of kayaks you will ever see in Adelaide and there will be factory representatives there to discuss any issues you mave have and offer the best advice on which Hobie suits your needs.The Hobie display won "Best Stand" at the Melbourne Boat Show,so it is a definite must see.I will be there Friday night from 5pm to 8pm,see you there.There will be show only specials available that will make it worth the trip.Kym[/quote']Kym, you're right, the Hobie stand was excellent. Anyone wanting to do their boat license there was a sign at the doors saying it's a no go.Anaconda had some ripper deals.There was some dodgey tackle mob there also, that had a few good deals but nothing special.If you intend looking for engines don't go.Sea rescue has half price memberships 33 bucks for 12 months.Coast guard has 18 months for the cost of 12.Had a fair display of boats for anyone after a new boat.