The Puppet Masters of Fishing

Are wives the puppet master of your fishing.Id like to admit that due to my love for my best friend..My wife, who I would never take fishing as that is down time and bond with my mates time, I often only go when I have her blessing.Or if I feel, bugger it I can do damage control upon return as my sanity is just way more important and the need to hook a fish is ruling my rational thoughts. :whistle: :boot:Ive also got to say that I love my current situation and must admit that I would be out fishing every minute of the w/end at times so its probably a good thing that I rely on her approval or the kids may never know me on anything but week days ;)Oh and how do you feel about your Puppet Master??

I had a similar experience in my previous marriage, hence previous marriage. I found that far to often the strings were being pulled in the puppeteers favor.When I met my current partner I expressed from day one my love for fishing and the potential time that fishing will take away from the relationship, if that was going to become an issue in our relationship then I would have ended it way back when. I do not drink and spend my time not fishing or working with the family so my puppeteer is happy in the fact that I do not spend my nights at the pub with the boys.I consider myself to be one of the most fortunate people in the world with understanding that my current partner shows when it comes to fishing, she also loves to fish which helps in some part however with a chronic injury limiting her ability to come with me. I dont mind her coming along but not on all trips as like urhookedfish its a mate-ship time or time for ones self.

:laugh::) Looking back on it now, I must admit that I probably failed to let my wife know when I met her that I am a fishing addict, but I feel sure its not going to matter, as she is the love of my life and my life partner and Im sure she has a good grip on the fact that fishing takes up a lot of my time and energy. :huh::huh: :woohoo: :laugh: One of my other mates made sure to include that his addiction to snapper fishing in his vowes. He said do you promise to love me, even though I may spend days out chasing snapper or something to that effect.>LOLI also feel fortunate that my wife does appreciate that other than her, fishing is my main source of my happiness! :d/:d/ and she is also so glad that Im not out drinking with the boys etc. I feel certain that I can keep my addiction well enough in check to avoid putting my marriage in any form of danger..luckily enough.Im lucky that my wife is addicted to Farmville so she plays that while Im pulling some long hours chasing reds. :d/:d/ And Yes Highfly Im sure she is cracking out the champaign the moment the door shuts..LOL

gave up fishing, sport, etc 25 years ago to raise 3 kids then a sister inlaw then care for my ill mother. lucky to Mrs support during these times & she has been my best mate for 30 years, took her to a jetty 2 years ago & she has been addicted to fishing since but have only done jetties so far, told me to get a boat which I did & we are renovating as on other thread & cant wait to take her out to catch a decent feed. no puppet master here

Just had my 5 year anniversary with the missus. She is well aware there is not much else i think about when it comes to fishing :) I think she has learnt over time that if i want to go fishing i'm probably going to do it but i am just as flexible when she wants to do something she likes. Although at the end of the day i would be just as happy fishing with my missus or a mate. The only reason i'd ever choose not to fish with her is if i knew she would want to bail early into a session..She's good fun to hang out with thoughSquid

gave up fishing' date=' sport, etc 25 years ago to raise 3 kids then a sister inlaw then care for my ill mother. lucky to Mrs support during these times & she has been my best mate for 30 years, took her to a jetty 2 years ago & she has been addicted to fishing since but have only done jetties so far, told me to get a boat which I did & we are renovating as on other thread & cant wait to take her out to catch a decent feed. no puppet master here[/quote']Ah Beautifull. Must feel good to be able to purchase a boat with her blessing.Top stuff :):) . In highnsight a better title for this post probably would have been - The other half of all good fisherman LOL :clap::clap: Cos there seems to always be a top lady (or a special type of lady) attached to most keen anglers I reckon. :):):):):):):)

SWMBO rules with an iron fist in our place.Being that she earns 75% of the $$$$ that come in,she makes sure we all know it too.Still,with 2 teenage daughters as well..........I am even more a believer of the saying "life is just something you do while you're waiting to die"

Top thread UHF, Been with my partner now for two years, during our time together we've been through living in different citys, having occupations that dictated when we could spend time together, and generally all the fun of being a young couple...must be a good thing if i gave up an almost certain leading hand job and all my mates to move to adelaide with her :) in two years of hunting and fishing she's only ever been mad that ive gone once, and that was cause i was supposed to be going grocery shopping.. she didnt seem to think that catching the fish was a good enough substitute... ;) Jaydo