what would you put on it ????

in a few weeks i will be picking up my first shimano t-curve light jig spin... line rating (PE) PE 1-3. lure/jig weight-60-100gm. length 2.29it will be a shimano reel just what size and which one open budget to $400 chasing snapper for the sport look forward to your replys cheers 4THA.

This is an easy question 4tha.Go the Japanese Made Twinpower 3000, either the 08 Model which is a way sexy reel and because of this is still selling at the same price as this years model at Plat.Co. Although both will stretch your budget by the price of postage only.The Japanase Twinpower is really the reel that is the next step up from a CI4 and this is the she-hizzle. :d/:d/http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/product_info/language/en/products_id/5004/cPath/21_39_41_121/saltwater-fishing/08-twinpower-3000.htmlor get this years model even though it has a 5.2 to 1 retrieve ratiohttp://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/product_info/language/en/products_id/13474/cPath/21_39_41_1741/saltwater-fishing/11-twinpower-c3000-free-shipping.html

Definately a Ci4. I got a Daiwa Spellbinder off SE on from SH and coupled it up with a 2500 Ci4. 7kg drag on that little baby and it looks the goods!

And Im tipping your gonna smash a few Big Reds on that one this year??Just hope your first one doesnt smash you on Pt Norlunga reef like my first metro red on plastics did to me..LOLthe scumbag of a fish. Hey 4tha when I suggested the 3000, this was thinking you were intending to use for plastics but if going Baits as you know the 4000 would be better suited...And me being a Daiwa Fan, I would probably put a Daiwa on it..LOLNothing wrong with mixing and matching these days. Daiwa Seagate would do the trick for ya...or a Daiwa Luvias DA Custom for just under $400 maybe.

With the discontinuation of the Fireblood line, I would go the Ci4 for sure. Always a fun time shopping for new fishing kit. Happy hunting Ci4thalove.How would a Daiwa Sol go on the snapps??? My mate has one on his SABRE for the snapper & mulloway... Not sure what size his Sol is but I'm pretty sure you would get change outta $400.00. :dry: This comes from me who runs at Sedona prices :P

With the discontinuation of the Fireblood line' date=' I would go the Ci4 for sure. Always a fun time shopping for new fishing kit. Happy hunting Ci4thalove.How would a Daiwa Sol go on the snapps??? My mate has one on his SABRE for the snapper & mulloway... Not sure what size his Sol is but I'm pretty sure you would get change outta $400.00. :dry: This comes from me who runs at Sedona prices :P[/quote'] :) Jack, the TD SOL 3000 or 4000 would smash big reds, but why wouldnt you get the next step up which is the Luvias DA Custom. One serious bit of Kit and still under you budget. You even get some change..its like $369 and the blue is going to match the colours of the T-Curve so much better than the Gold. Go throw that combo together and see if it isnt the ducks guts!http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-spin-reels/daiwa-luvias-da-custom-369/

:laugh: here we go hahahahaha daiwa pfffft dont rate em i got both shitmano and daiwa prefer the shitmano as they are lovingly (im sure) refered to.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:huh: wtf did i miss something somewhere :unsure: ???
nag mate didnt miss anything was just trying to stirr up the old holden v ford --shimano v daiwa normally by now me and shark fisho could be having a bit of fun debating hahahahahaha ???? where is thre lad ?????

Yeah it was watching Clay91 absolutely issue the pain to some big reds on the Mad Keen charter last December.It certainly was more than doing the job. But then again I was using my Certate Hyper and loving it and still do..lolIts funny cos as a lad I used cruddy cheap bottom of the range shimano gear but it lasted years and years, but I recently won a symetre and have enjoyed using it although havent had a chance to seriously test the drag out yet.I must declare that I still am a Daiwa man (Team Daiwa man) but have a serious soft spot for some models of SHIMANO.The problem is both companies are making such good gear these days.some of my faves for both companies are.Certate HyperOld school blue Certate few years agoLuvias and Luvias DATekota 600Stradic CI4Twin PowerStella