Hey crewI am looking into building myself a new rod rack- I have susses it out a bit and have a few ideas. But thought i'd get your suggestions and have some discussion on the topic. What works for you, what improvements could you make? Not looking to spend anything over 20-30 bucks on all the hardware necessary. ThanksDFX

Dutch I have a Horizontal Rod Rack in my Room. It is a thing my Grandfather made for me but all it is. Is two planks of wood same height. Onto the wall with small circular bits of wood coming off the Planks to hold the Rods. Not sure of this gonna help, but it is my setup!

Given that they can be purchased inexpensively for $30-50, I've never bothered to explore building one myself.Posted ImageI guess the possibilities are endless depending on what you want. Vertical, horizontal, oncorporated draws, display case for reels, etc. Anything is possible, just a matter of getting ideas onto paper and purchasing materials.

Given that they can be purchased inexpensively for $30-50' date=' I've never bothered to explore building one myself.[img']http://www.okuma.com.au/Okumahome/final_product/Accessories/OPRR.png[/img]I guess the possibilities are endless depending on what you want. Vertical, horizontal, oncorporated draws, display case for reels, etc. Anything is possible, just a matter of getting ideas onto paper and purchasing materials.

These are good value for your money and they hold upto 16 rods. ;)

Given that they can be purchased inexpensively for $30-50, I've never bothered to explore building one myself.

Totally Agree with you there Ranger. There are a handy item for a quite cheap price! Just when he said he would make me one. i quickly snapped up the offer as it is of a Good Quality and was best of all for Free! B)

Given that they can be purchased inexpensively for $30-50' date=' I've never bothered to explore building one myself.[img']http://www.okuma.com.au/Okumahome/final_product/Accessories/OPRR.png[/img]I guess the possibilities are endless depending on what you want. Vertical, horizontal, oncorporated draws, display case for reels, etc. Anything is possible, just a matter of getting ideas onto paper and purchasing materials.

These are good value for your money and they hold upto 16 rods. ;)
Tend to agree Rickster and Ranger. I have exactly the same ones, but find they can get a bit unsteady; then again living in a 150yr old house with bowed florrs what do I expect :unsure::blink: This might help you Dutchxhttp://pods.dasnr.okstate.edu/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-2776/N-411web.pdfPlenty of designs here too ;)http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?search=fishing%20rod%20rack

mine was orignally 2 old ice hockey sticks stripped and painted with and had bolts bolted into them on either side equally spaced apart... however i upgraded to a jarvis walker rod stand but find it very unstable and is cramped with the reels close to ech other and what not... SO the old boy built one last weekend out of scrap wood left over from his hundreds of other projects... and it came up killer... its teh same idea as the other rod holders but just longer more solid and looks a bit easier on the eye... ill post a pic up when i get back home from work tomorrow...

If you have access to some old trees and a pedistal drill, then get out the chainsaw and cut some rings, drill holes to suit rod butt size a bit of sanding and a coat of varnish and hey presto, I used murray pine aged around 60 years but any quality timber will do the job :) cheers

If you leave your reels on your rods then make sure you leave extra space between the rod holes otherwise they all get jammed and the handles entwined in each other. Also the spacings are for light baitcasters and spin reels so if you have a couple of Bigger reels like 6500/20000 series or big overheads like a Tiagra or TLD then they take up two spaces.Best set up I have seen was the rods all sat in a holder like set of pull down attic stairs. Pull the cord and the rods would drop from the ceiling on an angle for you to choose your gear for the day. No surf rods fit in this though obviously.

Guest boys day out

nothing to do with building one but i recently purchased this 1 from bcf for around the $40 range B)think i will be getting another 1 as well so i can space them out for the different lengths :) [attachment=6038]DSC_0269.JPG[/attachment]

Got same nice rods 4THLOVE :fishing::fishing: ;)hey but where is the T CURVE didnt see it :laugh::laugh: