Shimano Spheros of Baitrunner

opinions plese.Have not chose a rod yet.

In terms of rods, I would probably go for a Daiwa Saltiga G Boat rod. It looks pretty good and is made up of quality components. SAG70MHRS is the rod's code name. It is rated 15-30lb and it is a 7 ft rod with 7 guides so when a big fish tries to lunge underneath the boat, you can manouver it back out into the safety of the landing net. More details can be found at:http://www.daiwa.com/Rod/ However, if you are a shimano man the best option in my opinion would be a Jewel. Aesthetically, they look slick and they have the balls to handle pretty large fish like snapps and mullies. And for $100 on motackle, they're an absolute steal.http://www.shimanofish.com.au/publish/content/global_fish/en/au/index/products/rods/bait_fishing/jewel.htmlGood luck with it.

as i was going for the baitrunner option myself i checked out the 4000d baitrunner and when someone from here said about the bailarm being flimsy and didnt feel right etc i had a look for myself and id agree with it... its an very thin bail arm and looks like it would snapp under pressure... the speros are pretty cool but i prefer my rarenium ;)

Thanks for your input guys.Breambo, by no means am i a shimano fan boy but we're on the same wave length as i was thinking of a jewel myself.Cheers U4L, good to have some feed back on the Spheros.Southie, i didn't really notice the bail armbeing flimsy, mind you i checked out a 6000d so...now i'll have to look at a 4000 specifically. Cheers.FSW, yeah man, to be honest i'm spewin' that i didn't grab the combo shauno had for sale a little while back, bargain, just had some other bills at the time.I'm looking at some fin nor offshore spins too, by all accounts could stop a truck with their drags.Should mention that i don't have an open cheque book on this purchase. I can get the two reels mentioned above at an extremely good price, ie the spheros for about 100 bills, so that does factor into my decision.Was hoping Compleats had their xmas catalogue out by now to see what they might have as a deal.The Charter special combo at CBF is tempting me too.

Ive commented before about the 4000D guys. It is just rubbish man. The bail arm is thin and flimsy and the stem flexes too much for what I like. I had a play with the 6000D last week at RA's and its much better. Just before the Snapper ban I was on to a 5kg snapper on the 4000D and I was cursing all through the fight. The flex pissed me off so much and it just wasn't right. Everytime I cranked the handle I could feel it flexing on a 5kg fish lol. The 6000D is the go. One thing about the new baitrunners is the drag, its exceptionally good. I also like the scream of that drag when it goes off.Anyway Ive got the 4000D and its now decommissioned. For mully and snapps the 6000D would be ideal.