first time fishing

hey fellas long time no post lol. well anyway my young fella has been onto me for ages too go fishing his only 3.5 years old but knows what lures reels rods and so fourth are.So the other day we grabbed him a chepo combo too thrash around as kids do and that just increased the amount of can we go fishing dad being asked as too be expected though gotta love em .Well yesterday seemed like a good time too take him for his first flick .Headed down too a spot on the river where a few of us regularly catch our live bait knowing there is always schools of something around there and got him all set flicked out a few "baby worms" aka gents under the float and showed him where too hold the rod and let him go.A few minutes later he was onto his first fish :woohoo: a bream of around 20cm but too him it was fighting like a pointer on 24kg gear so after a slight drag adjustment on the plastic reel :laugh: and he landed his first fish for hte after we hung around for an hr or so and he got a few mullet couple of st's and scored a double header reckon i might be in trouble in around another 10 years time or so :huh: .MM

baileysfirstfish.jpg

yeah mate that will be the day,just gotta get him casting next after he learns too leave the bait in the water for a bit longer too. :laugh::laugh: Couple more years and ill get him onto the lures once he understands the concept of hooks being sharp so he doesnt go tooo silly with it last thing i want is too be hooked up myself or carting him too the docs and trying too explain too the mrs what happened :laugh: .reckon we will prob have company a bit more through summer though getting the livies mate.MM

reminds me of when my son reeled in his first yellowfinwe were staying in the pt vincent caravan park with my 2yo son and 6 month old daughter (keen? you betchya) and my son wanted to stay with me while i went fishing while mum took bubs back for a sleep. anyway i hadnt hooked up yet but my son asked to "go fishing" which meant he wanted to wind in. no probs, so as he was running over i hooked up so he had to wind in a nice 35cm yellowfin whiting on his own (i held the rod just to make sure it stayed on dry land) he was absolutely pumped grin from ear to ear. he pulled in 2 more like that before we had enough for a feed that night. mum was proud as punch of her little man and he talked about it for ages.nothing better than a kids first fish

;) cheers fellas totally agree though the buzz is just as good as when ya hook up yourself onto a cracker hopefully not long now and ill be able too kick back while he collects all my livies :laugh: he cant get enough evey morning is the same question"can we go fishing daddy " and i dont mind at all ill be dissapointed when he doesnt ask .MM