Daiwa sol2500

Guest Daniel

Hi all just considering buying a dawai sol 2500 combo for bream lure casting.I already own a 1000 size reel I use for smaller lures and also a 4000 combo for throwing around larger hb'sBut I need something in the middle. I like using slightly larger lures for bream (5/6cm) such as mirror shads but there a little heavy my smaller outfit. Has anyone fished the 2500 for bream or should I look into a 2000 sized sol?

Hi all just considering buying a dawai sol 2500 combo for bream lure casting.I already own a 1000 size reel I use for smaller lures and also a 4000 combo for throwing around larger hb'sBut I need something in the middle. I like using slightly larger lures for bream (5/6cm) such as mirror shads but there a little heavy my smaller outfit. Has anyone fished the 2500 for bream or should I look into a 2000 sized sol?

Get a 2506 spool for that and it would be an awesome HB reel. The finesse spools also have better suited, ie lighter, drag setups. The wider diameter spool enables line to easily strip from reel.

I'm thinking of going the 2000 and using it with the matching sol rod. For me it's not about the gear handling the fish but having a good delivery system for the lures I'm planning to use.Probably at largest daiwa double clutches and 70mm mag minnows chasing snook.

I use my 2500 sol as an all rounder from snapper to bream, trout, redfinn, carp, YFW, boat uses such as squid, KGW etc....anything really. Love the size and the fact that it has 15.4lb of drag in case a big boy jumps on board. Swapped the T handle over for an RCS knob which made a big difference IMO...all feel.Also use it for casting salmon lures in winter but must admit prefer the 4000 FREAMS with a faster retrieval ratio in surfMainly keep 10lb sunline on it for bigger stuff and have 4lb fireline for the smaller gear.Will be buying the same size when it dies as it's so universal for me.I have a FREAMS KIX 2004 with 4lb but it just doesn't get used as I always pick up the sol.Hope this adds some weight to your decision.

Just bought the Sol2500 with 6-10lb sol rod. So funny in store I thought it looked perfect but get it home and I'm thinking the 2000 suited the rod better haha!I think I'm just paranoid. Filled with 8lbs sunline braid, either way it looks like it will be great to use!At worst i'l just get a 2000 for that rod and a rod size up for the 2500...After all who needs an excuse to buy more gear :)