no worries champ ;)yeah i had to look a coupla times the head shape on the 4 inch is slightly different aswell,anyway still an odd catch he musta bin hungry.U live on KI?

Got my tape out today and you were spot on, where I was confused was I have 4inch in the bag as well. Still, it's a mighty gobfull even at 3 inches when I'm used to catching 'em on maggotts! Cheers mate.

no worries champ ;)yeah i had to look a coupla times the head shape on the 4 inch is slightly different aswell,anyway still an odd catch he musta bin hungry.U live on KI?

Sorry Crocka, didn't answer your question about KI, went shooting there on the June long weekend on Friday Saturday 'n Sunday. Fished our way back to the 8.30pm ferry on the Monday via western river cove , Kingscote/American River and then Penneshaw. Awesome week end. Gonna do it all again soon! Cheers, Tony.

i cort a decant garfish while catching bream and salmon at outer harbour! it whaked a kanguku shad(similar to sx-40) and all 3 barbs on the back trebal were stuk in side its gob!couldnt believe it could even get its gob over the first trebal!brooksy

Hey, Brooksy, I showed my Gar pics to the editor of Wildcoast magazine and he told me him and his Dad used to get Gar on big saltwater flies while fishing for Snook and Salmon! Perhaps Gar are a lot more predatory than we think. Thanks for your interesting reply.Cheers, Tony.

I have hooked a one corner jaw trolling a 40gm metal jig. The baby ones in the port often nibble on my gulps.

Hey Swamp,I'm a newby like you, but I luv the input I'm gettin back from you guys. I thought that Gar was a one off(the other guys on Penneshaw Jetty were just as amazed as me). How long was your metal jig? and was it fairly hooked in it's mouth? What length are your gulps?Cheers, Tony.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...