New Fishing Magazine

• 5 weeks later...

Hi ArcherFish,I'm Louis and the Designer for FL magazine.Definitely agree that we are entering a pretty crowded market but we are trying to do a different style of magazine.We're NOT a big publishing house with a long list of titles to our name. We're a small publication formed by fishing journos with a passion for fishing.We'd love to get feedback from you guys to help us steer the magazine in the right direction.CheersLouis

i agree with Bigmac54, i have been buying all the big mags and the biggest issue i have is alot of the articles are written by east coasters for east coasters and feature alot about tournament fishing, ultra light lure and soft plastic fishing etc and generally they are at least 50% ad's. i would like to see more articles about South Australia and WA and i understand that you can only publish what is sent to you etc but maybe instead of another story about a trip by the major fishing journalists to the top end chasing Barra and Mackeral they could do a few trips down this way to KI or Wedge or the Eyre or Yorke Peninsulas or whatever.Just my 2 cents worth, cheers :)

Louis Van Senden wrote

I'm Louis and the Designer for FL magazine.Definitely agree that we are entering a pretty crowded market but we are trying to do a different style of magazine.We're NOT a big publishing house with a long list of titles to our name. We're a small publication formed by fishing journos with a passion for fishing.We'd love to get feedback from you guys to help us steer the magazine in the right direction.CheersLouis

Hi Louis. All I can say is keep doing what you are doing. Apart from the State Mags. FishLife is easily my favourite publication right now!It is fresh, informative and vibrant on the page. With some excellent articles aswell! Flathead Lies by Starlo was a great read and also being a young angler myself Coen Amons Articles were great asewell!Fish Life has struck a winner guys keep doing what you are doing! Cheers TT

w2bfYou will be pleased to know that a certain Shane Mensforth is one of the contributors to the current (inaugural) issue (he has an excellent article on mullies), so I expect that the SA scene should probably get good coverage in future issues.TT97I agree that the magazine has a "fresh" and "vibrant" feel to it (and, no - I don't have any connection, commercial or otherwise, to this particular publication).Louis VSThanks for showing a bit of initiative and being proactive about finding out what your current (and future) readers are looking for in a fishing magazine. This in no way diminishes the excelllent job presently done by our two local publications (Wild Coast & SA Angler).Cheersaf

Thanks Guys! It's great to hear that so many of you are enjoying the magazine!In terms of SA and WA content, We do make a concerted effort each mag to ensure that our features are spread across the country and not east coast centric. Hopefully the fact the all the guys behind the scenes pulling the strings have a passion for fishing will ensure the content stays fresh.Thanks again for the feedback, and feel free to make contact with us if you have any good ideas for the mag or are interested in contributing.CheersLouis

• 3 weeks later...

w2bfYou will be pleased to know that a certain Shane Mensforth is one of the contributors to the current (inaugural) issue (he has an excellent article on mullies)

You've got me ya smoothe talker B)
Finally picked this mag up today and had a flick through this evening.... Intact read it from cover to cover and am keen for next issue :) My review;None of the fluffed out wishy washy bulldust that fills the pages of the other national mags these days :clap: Sharp direct, to the point, fresh and instructional while being entertaining. I like what they are doing with the look of the mag and the photography seems to be taken to the next level. can't quite work out the over and under water shots especially that one of the angler above water and the yfw under the surface... Very cool.I read the editorial and what the plan for the mag was and after reading it, seems the vision has been achieved, just wish the magazine the best of luck financially because I want more :)WILDCOAST and SA angler are always on my list, but the budget can easy stretch to accommodate FL :)Cheers this is going to stop me wasting cash on the other mags modern fishing and fishing world... The best contributors in those mags are now in FL and in a better format.Cool
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to get this Magazine and check it out.Easily the best fishing magazines i'm come across up to now at least are "Bluewater" & "Fishing Wild". Spectacular sport fishing content without all the boring repetitive nonsense about bream, flathead and salmon.Those mags focus on challenging sportfish we all dream about.

NorEast Saltwater MagazineNoreast Saltwater Magazine is all about saltwater fishermen…with articles specifically for and about saltwater fishing – including Inshore and Offshore fishing news, conditions, fishing reports….and tons more….it’s all covered daily !!! The Fisherman MagazineThe action never ends in THE FISHERMAN....50 weekly issues per year for just $27. To start or extend your subscription you can reach subscriber services at 1-866-FISH-836 Mon-Fri 9AM-4PM Salt Water Sportsman MagazineThe Worlds leading Sportfishing magazine & fishing authority since 1939 - featuring how-to & where-to articles by top anglers around the world for catching prized gamefish….and always with a major emphasis on marine conservation. Sport Fishing MagazineThe magazine of saltwater fishing that gives you tips on baiting & rigging as well as reviews of the latest tackle, tips on fine-tuning your boats electronics, guides to the hottest fishing destinations in the world and information on your next charter. Power and Motoryacht MagazineThe ultmate source of information about yacht gear and maintenance, yacht charters and cruising, boat tests, megayacht news, and boat design. New York Outdoor NewsA sportsmans publication focused on NY State fishing and hunting......events, reports, guides and reports......its all here !!! LI Boating World MagazineThe NY-NJ-CT tri-state areas largest monthly boating newspaper covering local News & Events, interesting and valuable how-to-articles for boaters old and young. Worldwide Angler MagazineWorldwide Angler is a lifestyle magazine about the breadth of the fishing experience … from travel, to skills, to memories. Destinations, Tips from pros, Sea Life, Artist Profiles and Gaff-to-grill sections help you savor the experience. Florida Sportsman MagazineThe nations leading magazine on sport fish, fishing, conservation issues, fishing tackle, rods, reels & boating equipment as well as exciting regional fishing within Florida. Fly Fishing In Saltwaters MagazineFor over 10 years has been providing readers the best information from the legends in saltwater fly-fishing. Targeting a specialized and dedicated group of anglers, this magazine covers gear, destinations, fly tying and techniques, and much more.________________________________________________________________________________________A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend. http://www.pinspire.com.au/salliehaydenhttp://www.bookcity.net.au/bookreading-tips/