Real facts on Mulloway....

The professionals trying to manipulate science. Good old commercial steering committees are not fond of reccies....http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/the-real-facts-on-mulloway

This issue also revealed that pro-fishing interests have been attempting to upload propagandist comments onto the Fisho site by claiming that the practice of catch & release results in big numbers of jewie deaths and that rec anglers are the main "problem" with declining mulloway stocks.

TB

Shoot me down if you want,but guys holding big fish up from the gills for a pic ,then releasing them,well the fish has got a better chance of survival than being filleted and thrown in an eski, but not by much imoBut we in this country have got a long way to go in regards to the handling of fish before releasing them.I"ve even seen that tosser off I fish releasing fish after basically handling them like crap.They need good handling ..period and we know that,but... no fish species has a chance when schools of mature, imature whatever,gets the netters ring of death thrown around entire schools,the single most cause of environmental rape known to any fish species imo,scientifically proven .

concidering 1 pro has been netting over 100 fish every week down south lately i think they are doing more damage than the recos...' date='[/quote']You make an interesting point given this sector blames us reccies for mulloway stocks?????http://www.coorongfishery.com/media/documents/SFAMull04.pdfRecreational fishers can fish unlimited in the coorong they say? Yeah...and size and bag limits do not exist either!An American scientist said a few years back that the coorong was the largest breeding ground in the southern hemisphere. Yet here we have the pro sector saying the mulloway do not spawn in the coorong?Much more in that link that shows how low some will go to get rid of recreational fishing in SA.TB
I've recaptured a tagged jewie in the port' date=' anyone who thinks tagging doesn't work has rocks in their head![/quote']A lot must come down to circumstance. Where (i.e beach vs. estuary) and how (i.e played out on light line vs. landed quickly) has a huge impact on it... A lot of 'released' fish wash up on beaches, and they're the ones that make it there before they're eaten.
I've recaptured a tagged jewie in the port' date=' anyone who thinks tagging doesn't work has rocks in their head![/quote']A lot must come down to circumstance. Where (i.e beach vs. estuary) and how (i.e played out on light line vs. landed quickly) has a huge impact on it... A lot of 'released' fish wash up on beaches' date=' and they're the ones that make it there before they're eaten.[/quote']A fish that is skull dragged and released in shallow water usually regain strength quickly and swim away.A fish played for ages is usually exhausted and requires more careful management upon release.Light line and long fights do not always work out best if that is what you meant?Obviuosly C&R from deep water is different again.TB