need help with bream!!!!

halco-twisty-lure-4252-210x210.jpgHey buddy. When i first started out catching bream i used a small #4 hook, 3 ganged on a running sinker rig with white bait, never failed. For lure i used a 10gram chrome steel holographic lure ($3.50 at Kmart) also worked awesome. I always started off on bait til i get hookups then switch to lure. Enjoy and happy fishing.Gimbles
[attachment=9837]halco-twisty-lure-4252-210x210.jpg[/attachment]Hey buddy. When i first started out catching bream i used a small #4 hook' date=' 3 ganged on a running sinker rig with white bait, never failed. For lure i used a 10gram chrome steel holographic lure ($3.50 at Kmart) also worked awesome. I always started off on bait til i get hookups then switch to lure. Enjoy and happy fishing.Gimbles[/quote']Good tip there I reckon. I usually use bait in a new area to me. If I don't catch anything on bait then it probably means the fish just aren't there and it's time to find a new spot.Once you have located a spot where there are fish, then switch to lures. As smokey said, keep everything as light as possible. It may also pay to go into your local tackle store and ask someone whether you have the right gear/ lures for the job.One other thing I would recommend you do is to read a few articles on bream spinning in either wild coast or SA angler magazines. Such articles tell you what type of rods/ reels/ braid to run. Personally, I have a daiwa red back 4-8lb (as a medium size) with an okuma avenger 2000 loaded with 4lb braid.Good luck with it and I guess at the end of the day the most important aspec to bream fishing is practice. Through practice you will gain experience which will eventually put you on to some blue nosed thumpers.PS: I had that avatar pic when I started out on this site too!

Get a copy of the Adam Royter DVD: Berkley Soft Plastics.It's packed full of very helpful information which will explain more than we could ever put into a post. It covers lines, knots, reels, rods, techniques, jigheads, plastics, and more. It's cheap, and it's available at most good tacklestores. I'd recommend it to anyone just starting out.

A bream is a bream, and you landed your target species using the techniques and equipment you wanted to learn!Everyone has to start somewhere, the first few are the hardest, and many give it away before ever landing one. Now that you've got a start, you'll find that they start coming much easier, and I'm sure it wont be long before you start posting pics of those bumper blue lip horses! Keep up the good work, and keep us posted! :clap:PS: Daiwa is the ducks guts when it comes to bream gear...let's just keep that between ourselves though! ;)

Just one last question. With catching bream in marinas, will bream in the marina take soft plastics? Or will they not budge. Because I have just got onto bream in west lakes but because I am fishing mainly marinas I can’t get any. Will they come around?any caught recently and what oncheers

They most certainly will, and marinas are great places to find them, simply due to all the structure encountered there.A marina is all rock walls, pylons, pontoons, hulls, sheltered waters, etc......what self respecting bream could resist.In the marina stay quiet, keep your shadow off the water, move only your casting arm, drop your lure as close as possible to the structure you are fishing, and use the lightest jighead you possibly can (even unweighted).