At the moment i am after a Bream/Trout rod for under $200 dollars, no exeptions! :S This will be used for casting HB's, vibes, SP's, and spinners. I want it no more than 1.5-4kg, and between 6,5-7,1, so i have great taiper for casting. I am running it with 2lb, and 5lb line on my Simano Aernos 1000FA. What should i go? ATM i am looking at the Shimano lure project 1-4kg http://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au/products.asp?categorynospaces=shimano_mf_raider_lure_project_series_rods_376 or the G-Loomis Aussie GL2 http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rods-reels/g-loomis-rods/g-loomis-spinning-rods/ . For price-Quality comparason, which is better value, or is there an even better alternative? Remember, i am after the casting and high taiper. Thanks Yakman. :)

Have been looking at rods in this class for a fresh water combo (just an excuse to buy another rod really) had my eye on a pfluger trion 7' 1-3kg or a berkley dropshot 7' 1-3kg.@ Banga you are starting to convince me now with the amount of posts that u plug them samaki's i have to go sus the zing 6'10" 2-6lb it caught my eye.

Cheers guys.@ J1M, i also am looking at the same zing as well. For around $170 it is a great price. Im probably not going to bother with dropshot or Trion. They are not quite at the callibre i am after. Southie, where can you get that specific Samaki Zing in metro tackle shops. Need to feel one before i buy.Yakman

Its quite a dilema you have on your hands there. But all the rods you are looking at are pretty close to the mark and most are good recommendations.However, I own an Abu Veritas and although they are an exceptional rod for the money the thread on the reel seet tends to dig into your hands making them not the most comfortable rod on the market to hold IMO.If it were me, I would be definately looking at the G-Loomis and then closely followed by the Black Label by Daiwa. The G-Loomis GL2 are meant to be the ducks guts for under 200 clams.As Boyo has mentioned, I have the Daiwa Spellbinder and do use it for Trout fishing, but Im finding it just a tad heavy in the fresh, or for Breaming (which I do little of) but it should really be rated at 2-6kg instead of 5-9kg.