where to get bait now

Brave man buying bait from a servo :laugh: Did that once and once only, $22 for a small bag of cockles that were'nt even Goolwa ones. That was a couple of years ago now. Things we do just to get out for a fish hey. :lol::lol::lol: :woohoo: In answer to your question, most servo's nearer to our coast lines have some bait, i think.

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever happened to the old cockle machines......which only the ol' farts among us will remember!24/7 you could rock up, stick ya bucket under the chute, drop 20c into the slot and out would come the cockles......of course conveniently located right along side was an ice machine, for those among us who actually caught fish!

Whatever happened to the old cockle machines......which only the ol' farts among us will remember!24/7 you could rock up' date=' stick ya bucket under the chute, drop 20c into the slot and out would come the cockles......of course conveniently located right along side was an ice machine, for those among us who actually caught fish!

Cockles ..... love the Plural ... Now you could stick a thimble under the chute and still not fill it for 20 cents
Whatever happened to the old cockle machines......which only the ol' farts among us will remember!24/7 you could rock up' date=' stick ya bucket under the chute, drop 20c into the slot and out would come the cockles......of course conveniently located right along side was an ice machine, for those among us who actually caught fish![/quote']These days such a machine would be in the guise of a atm!!Would have to be behind a couple sliding glass doors with a full time armed security guard posted next to it!!! I can just see a refrigerated amoured truck : "secure cockle transport" rocking up to re stock it :laugh::laugh:

Whatever happened to the old cockle machines......which only the ol' farts among us will remember!

I remeber the one at the old Glenelg boat ramp' date=' and seem to recall one in the centre of the city somewhere too :huh:

24/7 you could rock up, stick ya bucket under the chute, drop 20c into the slot and out would come the cockles......of course conveniently located right along side was an ice machine, for those among us who actually caught fish!

The cockles were for the triers, the ice was only for the confident ones :lol::fishing::clap:

Whatever happened to the old cockle machines......which only the ol' farts among us will remember!24/7 you could rock up' date=' stick ya bucket under the chute, drop 20c into the slot and out would come the cockles......of course conveniently located right along side was an ice machine, for those among us who actually caught fish!

Cockles ..... love the Plural ... Now you could stick a thimble under the chute and still not fill it for 20 cents
No, it/they was/were certainly "cockle" machine(s)......as opposed to "cockles machines"....weren't "ices" machines either! ;)I studied bloody hard to get my grammaticalistics to a goodly level! :P

No, it/they was/were certainly "cockle" machine(s)......as opposed to "cockles machines"....weren't "ices" machines either! ;)I studied bloody hard to get my grammaticalistics to a goodly level! :P
I was referring to this.... thats plural for Cockle is it not. :P was just saying you couldnt buy 1 cockle nowadays for 20 centswas no way having a go at your grammar ... :ohmy: heaven forbid
Whatever happened to the old cockle machines......which only the ol' farts among us will remember!24/7 you could rock up' date=' stick ya bucket under the chute, drop 20c into the slot and out would come the cockles......of course conveniently located right along side was an ice machine, for those among us who actually caught fish![/quote'] :clap:The "ICE" side of the machine, also gave choices of the ICE required.Whether it be , block ,crushed, or shaved.....Gee, those were the days ......I do remember the one on Victoria Road Largs Bay.....