How to make Salmon lures?

Good morning fishers,This topic has come about due to the sheer number of lures that i seem to lose while fishing for Salmon. This occurs because i fish light line and heavier lures. This method is used to get as far out as possible, yes i have to admit i have cast my fair share off, going for that monster cast and having a bail arm malfunction. But a lot of the time they are lost on either large salmon up to 3.5kg or hitting a reef. My question to everyone is, where can i get a reasonable lure mould from? Or is there another way people manufacture them?I currently use Halco's, Gillies and Lazer lures 40g to 50g, nothing to fancy. It doesn't seem to matter much what lure i fish at my spot, you never walk away empty handed.Any help will be appreciated.

have seen what Bigmac suggested on TV and it worked!when I worked as a maintenance fitter my mates had me slicing stainless round bar on an angle, polishing and drilling for them to use on the west coast. Must have worked as they kept coming back for more & always had heaps of fish. Not a cheap option unless the Govt still supplies the stainless.

Yes, they still have it, tighter control on it now though .... damn it :c Used to use the spoon and fork handles as well, also the spoon ends too, add some saltwater fly glitter "fur" and you have killer lures....You can also make them out of broom sticks, and a long drill bitCut and shape, drill centre, add wire, twist on split rings, paint white/blue / green ... what ever, cheap and easy poppers.....Used to make these on the east coast, worked a treat......Will try and get some out for picks....

The old knife handle is definitely a good one. I've also added a twist, or upturn to the ends for a bit more action in the lure. Don't know if it works, or if it's even needed, but I like to tinker around!! You can also use long bean(running) sinkers. Wire through them and hammer the sides flat. I saw this in a magazine somewhere.