when do fish start feeding after release?

Noticed something interesting today.Yesterday when the termites were flying I thought that it would be a good time to re-locate a trout from one pool to the next. Caught 40cm female around 5pm and put her in a bucket. Then relocated her 100metres to a different pool. Today at 12 noon, only 19hrs later she was merrily feeding. Interesting

Best answer is " all depends " i think !I could swear Ive caught the same fish 2-3 times in a row, and know I jagged the same Cuttly 4 times in a row, because I saw him take the jag each time :blink::)

Depends' date='if paul worstling catches it he usually drops it on its head 3 times and then prattles on for a few minutes so in this case maybe never.I'm going out to my pond now to throttle a couple of gold fish and test the results cheers brenton[/quote'] :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:@ Tombo. I assume you're absoluteley 100% sure it was the same fish ?I know, silly question :P

Brings a memory to mind a few years back a mate and myself were fishing in separate boats out from Outer Harbour and we used the same fish time after time to pull over the side of the boat and the quietly let it slip in the drink again to be pulled up again over the side with a lot of noise.the comments from other boaties around us had us laughing so much it hurt.yet they never suspected a thing wrong.another time I send out a radio call to my mate that the fish were biting and to come over to the other side of the Black Pole, as I had my bag limit already. within a matter of seconds you notice about 30 odd boats pulling up they're anchor and looking around where the first boat went and they all followed him over to the Black Pole.I thought it very funny

Depends' date='if paul worstling catches it he usually drops it on its head 3 times and then prattles on for a few minutes so in this case maybe never.I'm going out to my pond now to throttle a couple of gold fish and test the results cheers brenton[/quote']Ha HA pisser..I think he likes to dry them out in the sun and wait 5-10 minutes for their swim bladders to deflate so they sink to the bottom out of camera view quicker! ocasionally their out of water so long their internal organs dry out, they are the ones that float away and the camera cuts really quickly.Trout tend to recover quicker than most species as long as conditions are good, a lot of comps interstate in small impoundments are only stocked the week or even days before the event, farmed fish will almost always get over stress faster and start feeding sooner because of the competition to survive and because their used to being handled.The fishes brain size could also be a factor, smaller brain=less recall=less stress?