Shelf Life of SP's (Squidgy wrigglers)

I bought a heap of soft plastics about 2 years ago including some squidgy wrigglers in bloodworm (which I've never had a bite on, yet people rave about them :pinch: )Anyway, I bought some berkley worms at the same time which dried up and disintegrated ages ago, would the Squidgy's and berkely flickbaits still be any good?

Squidgies and Berkley Powerbaits (not the Gulp!) I find have a huge life out of the packet. I had a few sitting next to me which had been out of the packet for probably a year (use them occasionally on ST's out the front of the shop) and they're fine. This one is an Atomic which I've been using on and off for a year or so and hasn't been back in the packet since I took it out: Posted Image

They last for ages. Dad had (now i have) an uncealed pack, with someleft lying around of red and gold squidge wrigglers from when squidges was owned by rapala/vmc group (didnt even know they were till i found this pack) and the are as good as new. Only disintergrating ones ('eco friendly') or ones in juice that can dry out that have a 'shelf life'. My opinion anyway.Yakman

squidgies, powerbaits & probably 90% of other plastics are a petrochemical product of which have an indefinite life span.gulp, the new ecogear "plastics" & some other ones i cant think of right now are a food based product (not edible)(biodegradable) these products will keep for a while if looked after, keep them cool & the packet upright so the liquid cant escape I use a small cooler bag with a zip top to it some of gulps are now 5 years old & still quite usable!

squidgies' date=' powerbaits & probably 90% of other plastics are a petrochemical product of which have an indefinite life span.gulp, the new ecogear "plastics" & some other ones i cant think of right now are a food based product (not edible)(biodegradable) these products will keep for a while if looked after, keep them cool & the packet upright so the liquid cant escape I use a small cooler bag with a zip top to it some of gulps are now 5 years old & still quite usable![/quote']The gulp is basically pig fat no more no less,soaked in some fishy tuna oil type concoction, will dry out and shrivel up unless kept moist in the liquid as pro joe says.if you put it in your tackle box not sealed properly the juice will leak and ruin and stink everything in it out. B)
  • 2 weeks later...