hey all, have recently got onto a fair few schoolies using hb's and soft plastics. I dont have many larger hb lures and am looking at getting a few to add to the collection, was wondering what lures people have had success with in the past? Did particularly well on a yo-zuri magnet system 70mm. Any help would be great.Cheers Midcoast

The bigger Mag minnows are pretty good as well,my first 3 on HB came on the pink head 90mm as are the Max wraps and Hardcores(the new 125mm swims great)some people do well on Xraps but i've never even hooked up yet despite giving them a decent go.3D minnow are worth chucking about,Yozuri/duel live and Dolce.If its reasonable snagless blades and large stickbaits work cheers brenton

I reckon i saw you out there after christmas MCA, the dreds are reminding me. I used a blade for 2 days and didnt snag up once. 1 blade did the damage and I was very happy with that. Berkley big eye blade 50mm brown with lighter brown stripes and a red eye. And if you do lose one its not too bad as you can get a twin pack for 16 bucks at tackleworld.

If you are serious about Mulloway & big Mulloway try the Rapala CD range. In the Port River the CD 18 & even the smaller sizes are a tried & tested lure. I have even had the lures under a float & have been successful. Have regularly caught Mulloway during the middle of the day trolling a Rapala CD (Pt River again). I'm sure other lures are successful but I have been more successful with these lures than any others. Just my opinion!!. Anyway time to get ready for tonight's session.

Hey guys, today wasn't as successful as had hoped still got a couple fish each but nothing like last week. I guess the full moon last week definitely helped. We made a move further up during the mid morning to another known mulloway location but no good, I guess sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not :) I should probably change my avatar as I haven't had the dreads for a while now, I did try out the blades but didn't have much luck. The parts of the coorong I have been concentrating on of late tend to hold a lot of coral so they don't particularly suit that style of fishing but will keep them in mind when appropriate. Thanks for the info on the rapala cd rybak, I'm going to look them up now. I've never fished the port river but have heard it holds some good fish if you know where to look. Might have to make a point of taking my tinny down there at some stage over the summer.