Places I have caught chow over the years...Wallaroo,Rapid bay,Wool Bay,Kliens point,Giles,Outer Harbour wharf,Turton,,Edithburg. B) Probably Wallaroo being the Chow capital hands down.Heard stories from old timers of heaps off the Torrens Island bridge years ago ,where they were no 1 live bait for the local Mulloway population.Maybe the Port fell out of favour with them for one reason or another...pollution...warm gulf currents..who knows, maybe they were here in numbers for a time when everything suited them and it may be another 10 years or so before there is an influx?

Always plenty around every snapper trip in summer. Water boils with them on most drops I fish. Funny thing is though on one drop you wont get any bait fish like chow or macs but 1km away same depth etc, on another drop you'll get heaps.Usually more chow around than macs for me, which is unfortunate because the macs are way better bait. I've had hardly any success on chow for some reason.Wallaroo jetty has always been good to me for them, the Asians there love them for the table and go nuts when they see you pull one in.