Onk Mulloway, Times and techniques?

Hey Alex,Mulloway can be an elusive fish at times.Even though I haven't fished the Onk much recently I can tell you that anywhere you fish for them, you need to be persistent.I have almost always caught mullies late in the day or at night time.I haven't caught one on lure yet, but I'm sure someone else can give you the heads up on what will work there.Best of luck in your chase of your first mulloway mate!!

Hey Alex' date='Mulloway can be an elusive fish at times.Even though I haven't fished the Onk much recently I can tell you that anywhere you fish for them, you need to be persistent.I have almost always caught mullies late in the day or at night time.I haven't caught one on lure yet, but I'm sure someone else can give you the heads up on what will work there.Best of luck in your chase of your first mulloway mate!![/quote']Thanks Tinker, Im not very persistent but I'll give it my best shot! :whistle:

I could tell you but .... Seriously tho it takes a lot of time and effort to work out when , were and how . It has taken me a few years to be able to know when the best time to hit up the Onk and it still surprises me . I haven't caught Mully's in winter till this year and i am not sure why they are about ? Best advice is to do a bit of research then some hard yards trying , and if you try really hard and have no luck i will give you a hand .

I could tell you but .... Seriously tho it takes a lot of time and effort to work out when ' date=' were and how . It has taken me a few years to be able to know when the best time to hit up the Onk and it still surprises me . I haven't caught Mully's in winter till this year and i am not sure why they are about ? Best advice is to do a bit of research then some hard yards trying , and if you try really hard and have no luck i will give you a hand .[/quote']Cheers JimboJames! I knew you were hiding about somewhere. I've been waiting for your reply as your so called name is the mully hunter? Am I right? ;) AhaAlex.

I only caught my first from the onk the other day so im no expert. Going on what ive read and learnt is to fish the deep holes/ledges and fish an hour before and after the tides... With lure techniques i use a couple hops and let it sit there for a bit... The pause to me is the most important aspect of lure fishing escpecially for bream and mullies..Lures to use are profiles that imitate what the fish are feeding on.... "match the hatch"As i said no expert on lure fishing for mullies but thats just my opinion...Good luck might see you down there as im only 10mins away from the onk...

I've been seeing a lot about winter mullies lately' date=' it's getting me all excited :woohoo: Gonna have a crack down the Onk tomorrow with plastics, fingers crossed. Have to beat my pb of 10cm :laugh:[/quote']Aha, 10cm! That's actually pretty good compaired to me... :P Still ready to land my first mully! Might have a crack at it this Sunday actually! :cheer: Cheers Alex. :fishing:

Crikey, a 10cm mully, they still attack big lures.Jeez they are cute when they are bubs, and some days that seems to be all you get.I really hope to beat my PB mully (only 62cm) this year, and the only way I know I have half a chance is spending as much time on the water (I'm landbased) as possible.At least I can have fun on the bream & STs while waiting for my livie to get smashed.And some good advice...... don't leave your mully rod unattended for too long, they have a habit of stealing rods!!!!!