Livebaiting ...circle hooks ? or no circle hooks ?

I did a charter in QLD a few years back and they only used circles on livies which they pinned through the snout/mouth area and the hook up rate on tha cobia was 6 out of 6 all corner lip hooked I have also used them in the port for mullys with same success only losing through bust offs got this from C.H smith marine page Gamakatsu Big Bait Circle Hooks Gamakatsu Big Bait Circle Hooks are a heavier gauge circle hook for bigger fish but with a straight shank. It is a great hook to use for all large cut baits in both ‘floater’ and deepwater paternoster rigs, or with live baits. It can be slow trolled with live bait for sailfish/small marlin. Circle hooks will automatically set themselve's, turning in the fishes mouth and resulting in less fish hooked deep and more hooked in the corner of the mouth. Gamakatsu Big Bait Circle Hooks are a great hook to use with all the advantages of circle design which ensures as close to 100% catch rate after hook-up.I also use OWNER tournament inline circles B) just my personal experience though i'd swing Mrballs a p.m he's tha man ya wanna ask cheers 4THA

I use Gamakatsu live bait hooks (not the circle version) in 2/0 up to 9/0, sharks kingies etc. I have had no troubles with them and also use them as replacement hooks for for trebles on trolling lures. For mulloway and live bait I use a single 9/0 octpuse/suicide. l haven't tried circle hook yet but will give them a go eventually. I did read about circle hook use on longlines and the stats on hook-ups were impressive. It was a huge sample size (1,000s) and the difference between normal and circles was marked.Have read of this. http://www.fishing.sh/htmfiles/hookreports/tyingvssnelling.html