Anyone know much about this stuff ?

The stuff i was looking at was called performance braid by suffix,you right it is not cheap looks like it is from the states but then it is made in china anyway ,i have got a spool of that spectra extreem braid here 50 lb i bought 4 years or more ago ,when i was looking on the net they still sell it exactly the same stuff today and it is till as cheap as .

Waspy, Im assuming your query is in regards to your newly acquired taste for Plastix fishing?Mate, 3 years ago I was exactly the same, had never used anything but maxima mono.First braid I bought was some rubbish fused Jarvis walker crap, was terrible!Had memory, wasn’t supple at all, almost like thin wire. Almost gave up on braid, but hit buy it now on some cheap China dyneema braid on ebay and used that.Straight away I found it 10X better than any mono Id ever used. The sensitivity it gives over stretchy mono is amazing.Never had an issue with it breaking pre maturelySince then I still have some china braid on some reels, but also forked out for some middle of the road Power Pro and Fins on others , and even some high end Saltiga braid on one reel.It all has its benefits over Mono in my preferred form of fishing ( boat mainly ), and the quality does go up as you spend more.But Il say it again, even the cheap stuff is killer compared to mono IMO.I must say, I don’t like the fused stuff tho, got given some 50lb Rovex Viros with a reel purchase once, noticed it was fused, sits in my closet un opened.

Hi ale ,not so much plastics but boat and beach as well all my reels in the boat have mono on them and its probably time they were changed especially the skull dragger for squid ,as i said i bought some cheap spectra extreem braid from ebay about 4 or more years ago 50 lb ,this stuff is like thick cotton but never put it onto any of the reels ,probably just a mindset of old school ,but now as i wrote in another post i am changing the way i fish and types of fishing i do ie:soft plastics ,changing the reels in the boat to all spiners ect ,did put some 10 lb braid onto a baitcaster i have but it is almost flat not round ,and i have read somewhere that this can be a problem with it digging into the braid because of the shape of it if you get a fish onto it ,was down at big w again just looking at braid and line who knows what is good and what is not thats why i ask these questions to the blokes here as i apppreciate there knowledge and advice on these things .

This may help in some info WaspyI have been using this Strikerline for over a year and it works as it's meant to,I have never had any issues from it.Just recently i got this 20Lb Power Pro super 8 line to try out20Lb Power Pro super 8 line thickness dia .23mm20Lb Strikerline thickness dia .18mmPicture shows the two brands but the Strikerline pictured is actually 30 Lb line which is .26mmSo for 300m for under $13 incl delivery it's not bad a deal and it is a thinner braid,remembering the line is probably made in the same factory as other well known brands.Pics taken with mobile..sorry for the quality..http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spuer-Strong-Dyneema-Spectra-Braid-Fishing-Line-300M-327-Yard-20LB-Gray-/260949907848?pt=AL21.jpgL3.jpg

Hi ale ' date='not so much plastics but boat and beach as well all my reels in the boat have mono on them and its probably time they were changed especially the skull dragger for squid ,as i said i bought some cheap spectra extreem braid from ebay about 4 or more years ago 50 lb ,this stuff is like thick cotton but never put it onto any of the reels ,probably just a mindset of old school ,but now as i wrote in another post i am changing the way i fish and types of fishing i do ie:soft plastics ,changing the reels in the boat to all spiners ect ,did put some 10 lb braid onto a baitcaster i have but it is almost flat not round ,and i have read somewhere that this can be a problem with it digging into the braid because of the shape of it if you get a fish onto it ,was down at big w again just looking at braid and line who knows what is good and what is not thats why i ask these questions to the blokes here as i apppreciate there knowledge and advice on these things .[/quote']You won’t regret it mate, many don’t use braid for beach fishing, but the few times I’ve fished off the beach, I’ve found braid to be fine. Much nicer targeting YFW with Braid, and even caught snapper and eaglies of the beach with braid.I’m assuming you’ve seen this site:http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/4linetesting.htmIn regards to over heads, its funny, I run cheap china braid on a Swedish built Abu 7000, works mint.Have Fins on a china ABU6500C, casts like crap and constantly digs in.Brings me to my next point, I figure that the braid experience is made nicer depending on the quality of the line lay on the said reel.The modern day reel is much nicer than the old ( even the cheaper ones ) and I also think the way the braid is wound onto the reel make all the difference.Which brings the point Squid Flaps made into play. I recently had my Certate re spooled, had the nice guys at SFS spool it off their Bulk spool, they put it on just right and make what is already a great experience ( using a Certate) an even nicer one.Don’t wont to sound like "the others", but your local to Fishing wholesalers, I dare say they have a bulk spool of china braid behind the counter, maybe go and see them, get a few reels done at once and see how they go before you spool all of them with any said brand. I reckon you will be a happy man!! I don’t think one needs to spend heaps either, your little Sienna with some china braid will be a very nice thing to useI can already envision a casting platform on the front of ya tinny, lycra pro shirt on smashing the Resident Stanvac reds on nuclear chicken rubber on the end of light graphite sticks hahahaha

Hi guys ,thanks for the vote of confidence ale ,its funny you mention the nuclear chicken s/p i actually looked at them this morning in big w :laugh: as i had read somewhere on this sight they were the gun lure for snapper,Aus i can see the difference in the thickness in the braid and so with that had a look at different thicknesses of some of the mono and braid that i have ,the 50 lb spectra is thinner than the 20 lb trilene i bought , i remember i spooled the abu with 100lb braid and when trolling it looked like a piece of rope coming of the reel but it is actually only 0.10 thicker than the trileen mono which is nothing really compared to what 100lb mono would be in thickness ,I can see meself now ale big straw hat ,,tournament shirt berkly stickers on the boat pulling into sullies ramp ,fisheries see me and make a bee line for me as i pull up to the wash area ,mind if we have a look ?yea no worries mate only to discover two barely legal salmon trout in the esky .