salmon trout lure

The small yozuris,mag or pins minnow in pilchard colour works well in the port as do quite a number of S/Ps,I,d start with 3"power minnows in blue but i,ve caught plenty on the white dusk and dawn and also chartruese and watermelon seems to work as well.Go a heavy jighead say 1/16th as sometimes they are down deep and also it helps the lures to track straight with a strong tide. cheers brenton

The small yozuris,mag or pins minnow in pilchard colour works well in the port as do quite a number of S/Ps,I,d start with 3"power minnows in blue but i,ve caught plenty on the white dusk and dawn and also chartruese and watermelon seems to work as well.Go a heavy jighead say 1/16th as sometimes they are down deep and also it helps the lures to track straight with a strong tide. cheers brenton

Totaly agree with ya post Brenton.Those youzuri lures are the best in the port .Last wednesday we caught 60 salmon trolling around glenelg and a dozen big snook aswell .i recomend them for sure.
  • 4 weeks later...

MickyJ, what's that funny looking thing on the right hand side of the pic? Is that a belt tensioner from ya tractor? ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: In regards to ST's on lures, I don't really worry too much! I generally just pull any old thing out of the tacklebox, coz travelling in schools they have a pack mentality, and anything moving through the water they're gonna hit before their mates get to it first!The hardest part is finding the school to start with!They tend to destroy ya plastics though, so use something cheap and retreive it quite quickly (they like to give chase). I have found that Salmon seem to like the colour white, and 3" minnows seem to be pretty effective.For hardbodies, use a cheap bibbed minnow. Get it down to working depth, then all ya need is a slow retreive!Here's a lil school me and Waterboy found in the port, and we took a short interlude from our bream hunting to bag out for the smoker! They smoke up beautifully! Posted Image

MickyJ, what's that funny looking thing on the right hand side of the pic? Is that a belt tensioner from ya tractor? ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: In regards to ST's on lures, I don't really worry too much! I generally just pull any old thing out of the tacklebox, coz travelling in schools they have a pack mentality, and anything moving through the water they're gonna hit before their mates get to it first!The hardest part is finding the school to start with!They tend to destroy ya plastics though, so use something cheap and retreive it quite quickly (they like to give chase). I have found that Salmon seem to like the colour white, and 3" minnows seem to be pretty effective.For hardbodies, use a cheap bibbed minnow. Get it down to working depth, then all ya need is a slow retreive!Here's a lil school me and Waterboy found in the port, and we took a short interlude from our bream hunting to bag out for the smoker! They smoke up beautifully! Posted Image

ranger that is my now waiting to be repaired $450 reel which I broke :thumb:But i think you are spot on the mark re ST if they are hungry the whole school will go on the attack at anything that moves .I watched a school of very tiny bait fish get nailed in West lakes earlier this year in ankle deep water .And I swear the St's that spat my fly were 2 inches long if that !! :fishing:

ranger that is my now waiting to be repaired $450 reel which I broke

Oh sh*t mate I'm sorry! I wouldn't have joked about it if I hadda known that! :(Cal, in regards to chartreusse, I've got a lil bottle of chartreusse scent here that ya dip ya plastics in. While impregnation them with flavour it also dyes the plastics! Comes in a small range of colours, chartreusse being one of the range. Actually, I dont use the stuff, so you're welcome to it if it'll help you out.
  • 11 months later...