Which 1000 size reel?

I agree with piranha ,when i was looking at the same thing for throwing soft plastics ,the place i bought my shimano suggested that i buy a 2500 rather than a 1000 same price ,The thinking behind it was what if you want to change from s/p to bait a 1000 is a reel that might have to be used for that purpose only ,i opted for the 2500 sienna 50 bills cant go wrong teamed with my 7 foot shimano telescopic as far as i can tell seems like a good outfit for s/p and bait .shimanoeclipse001.JPG

I have got your exact rod, Shimano T-Curve Inshore Series, 1 - 3kg. Matched with Sustain FG 1000 and 4lb braid.Awesome set up, perfectly balanced and light enough to cast all day! I Tried the same rod with a 2500, nowhere near as balanced!I can cast superlight plastics and hard bodies a mile with this set up, yet to have a wind not!Also had a cracking session on it recently with KG's to 50cm - still smiling at the fun this outfit gave me!!You would not be disappointed with this set up.Cheers,Tim

If you intend fishing the sand flats, then you must be wading.Make sure you buy a reel that is robust in saltwater, because as a wader it will get a lot of exposure to salt water. Do not get a reel that needs pampering and extreme care. You will do your dough fast.I have tried out a few and have found Shimano to be way ahead of the other main brands for salt water toughness.The Shimano Rarenium CI4 2500 is actually very light. The weight will balance well on a 7ft T Curve and it will cast better than a 1000. I have one on a Pflueger Trion 7ft 2-4kg and it works well. The Stradic CI4 2500 which I also use, is also very good. Slightly faster retrieve if you consider that important, however you do not get a spare spool. Which is always very handy as these small reels with heavier line are capable of considerable boat work too.My suggestion; Rarenium CI4 - 2500 size and you will find yourself using it for a lot more than plastics.Cheers, Des

I have tried out a few and have found Shimano to be way ahead of the other main brands for salt water toughness.
Daiwa lead the way with reel technology that can cope with salt water' date=' magseal ensures no salt intrusion into it's main gear and bearings even when submerged, can't say that for shimano ;) .[/quote']Yes Piranha I am a little behind the times! :blush: I am referring to a period 5+ yrs ago when they used Magnesium bodies widely and that corroded fast.They have come along in leaps & bounds with their Zaion material & Magseal. These were originally only available in their top end models which you just would not take out wading.It is great to see more recently that all these advances are now being applied to mid priced models like Sol, Cadida, Aegis. I have not yet had a chance to try them. They do look promising and might just be the ducks guts. :lol: Cheers, Des