Caught this off Pt.Noarlunga jetty while fishing for bream in the shallows using squid tentacle for bait.This fish gave me heaps, only just landing it by running up and down jetty trying to keep it away from the pylons!! Reckon i called it for a decent schoolie a dozen times as in the dark it looked like a jewie so was slightly upset at first until i realised this was a first for me and a thumper at that! Still swimming around for someone else to catch and get that adrenalin rush from these hard fighting fish!!! Sorry about picture quality used camera on mobile phone. size=501http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/1Zd6o95B__Big_fish.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest TACKRAT1985

top effort i was wondering what they were as ive seen one a few times that must live in the marina at wirrina only half the size of that but its frustrating cos hes curious comes up to have a look but when you chuck a lure at it it seems 2 spook easy, at first i thought they must be baby samsons or something