Recycled Squid Jag

I remember back when I was a young lad my parents used to buy me those really cheap squid jigs that were flat white and I used to paint them with nail polish, I've had them for a good 15 years or so and they still hold their colours amazingly well.
If you leave them in the sun for a day after you paint them the smell of the polish pretty much disappears and you can get ones that are clear with gold/silver reflective glitter in them.
Just make sure you send the missus to the shop or buy them online though, I'm not sure the excuse "It's for fishing" would work  :rolleyes: 

Could be easier then spray painting them mate apart from that they look good

troppo65 (and anyone else who's interested)

SPOTLIGHT Stores are your friend. "Joggle" Eyes (i.e. the pupils move around) are available in various sizes from 3mm upwards for the princely sum of $0.99 per packet. If this is not quite what you're chasing, they have any number of glass beads in untold sizes and colours which can quite easily be Superglued on to your jag to provide the right "eye" effect.

JoggleEyes.JPG

Cheers

af

Another alternative for fish eyes to buy some of those realsitic 3D, solid looking things off of ebay.  There's a local ebay seller that does 20 or so for $2 which includes postage.  Last time I brought them they gave me another 10 or so of various sizes as samples!  I think the sellers store is called something like Discount city fishing and they have plenty of different styles and sizes of eyes to choose fromI stole some of those joggle style eyes from my kids craft box once for my lures, but found a lot either fell apart in the water or filled with water.