St Kilda Winter Bream

St Kilda was slow with the salmon trout this morning, no body had caught one or even had a bite! It was super calm, I couldn't believe my eyes! 

DSC09982.jpg

So I decided to fish closer in for some bream. I spotted a decent school of 30cm+ fish sitting against the rocks so I gave it a cast and was soon hooked onto a good sized bream. Measured at 34cm and was released after a few photos. 

DSC09946.jpg

DSC09968.jpg

The next cast another fish took it on the drop and I hooked up almost instantly! This one put up a better fight and almost got me on a pylon. With frayed 6lb leader, I managed to land the fish and it measured in at 35cm! Another solid bream released after a few more photos. 
DSC09962.jpg

DSC09973.jpg

DSC09975.jpg

After that fish, the school was spooked so I walked around a bit searching for another school. I ended up on the pontoon getting a bream a cast for 15 minutes, my brother and sister even got onto them! It was the biggest school of bream I have ever seen, it was almost like a salmon school. Ended up getting 10 fish around 25-28cm. 
All fish released. 

Good to see you getting stretched by some good bream in my local waters mate.

Apparently there are a few big sized schools of bream cruising the channel, word is they could be spawning early this year.

Have seen some very big sea run bream in the shallows picking food out from among the rocks, problem is, if I can see them, they can see me and are very hard to tempt.

I have seen a pic of a 50cm + bream caught at St Kilda a few weeks ago....

Salmon are proving difficult to catch, recently I got into a few small fish when a school cruised up behind the shop.

Another great report Alex.

Good to see you getting stretched by some good bream in my local waters mate.

Apparently there are a few big sized schools of bream cruising the channel, word is they could be spawning early this year.

Have seen some very big sea run bream in the shallows picking food out from among the rocks, problem is, if I can see them, they can see me and are very hard to tempt.

I have seen a pic of a 50cm + bream caught at St Kilda a few weeks ago....

Salmon are proving difficult to catch, recently I got into a few small fish when a school cruised up behind the shop.

Another great report Alex.

Thanks everyone! 

That's huge! Do you know where the photo is? I'd like to check it out! :P 

• 2 weeks later...