Sign in to follow this  
yellow door 1

Thunder Heat Elite Shark DeHooker

24 minutes ago, peatop said:

Just like a Shepards croc๐Ÿ˜‰ i watch a guy drag a largish schoolie into his yak๐Ÿ˜ฎ scarey where it first landed was ok as i think he already had kids๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah I get scared while trying to take a lure out of a bream, so I cringe when I see people playing with sharks

I cant guarantee the first shark wouldnt chomp straight through the golf club handle๐Ÿ˜‰ - but I built one to see how useful that weird hook could be for backing out big lures - it would be a handy tool if made properly๐Ÿ˜‰
ย 

Looked pretty good to me, i think a ss or aluminumย shaft, fiberglass or carbon fiber would be to week if things went south, so far I've been lucky enough that they've bitten through the fluoro leader not sure what I'll do when i go chase some Mackerel and hookup to a toothy? Lol maybe a pair of long handle bolt cutters or ๐Ÿค” a dental drill and scare them to death๐Ÿ˜‰

44 minutes ago, peatop said:

Looked pretty good to me, i think a ss or aluminumย shaft, fiberglass or carbon fiber would be to week if things went south, so far I've been lucky enough that they've bitten through the fluoro leader not sure what I'll do when i go chase some Mackerel and hookup to a toothy? Lol maybe a pair of long handle bolt cutters or ๐Ÿค” a dental drill and scare them to death๐Ÿ˜‰

Haha - Yeah at least you always have a knife to cut the line

I just whipped one up out of stuff I had lying around in the garage. My mate trolls behind a yacht, so I figure a longish pole that could deal with lures would be best -

But I like the versatility of the Shepherds crook design allowing 2 types of removal

SS shaft would be the go

Heres some commercially produced variants.

I did watch a vid where a guy welds half a chain link to some 16mm rebar - it would take a megladon to go through that๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

317.jpg

316.jpg

315.jpg

9 minutes ago, Hunter69 said:

One of these would have been handy today.

Yeah - where I fish, big stingrays and sharks arent a problem - but tiny flathead are a menace - so I always have a smaller version on hand - You can dehook them while they're still in the water and come home with a full tank of blood๐Ÿ˜‰

Everytime I've caught toothies they've always broken the fluoro, but the last one had to come for a 3km peddle before she broke the leader, she was a bit feisty and didn't feel like trying to remove my hand oops cut through the line.

Yeah i think the 2 way removal would be the better option๐Ÿ‘