Proud collection of home made lures

Inspired to show my lures after seeing the lure post from jmw. These are some of my lures I designed and made a few years back for a trip up to the top end. I was wrapped with the results, the best lure would be the blue and it dives to 9 -12 ft most of them catch fish though.The bigger barra was Adelaide river on blueThe other barra was shady camp on green/yellowThe rat king was south australia on the blueThese are only some of the hook upscheers osd Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks everyone. afishyfish, I've aged since then and could get away with being Malcom Douglas's dad :lol: :cheer: It's a bit hard to tell in the photos but the red and black lure and the gold lure have something in common, and they are one of my innovations. see if you can work out what the similarity is, I,ll put the answer at the bottom. The similarity is they are both the same lure. painted gold on one side and red and black on the other. My idea is if I trawl up stream past a snag it presents gold, and if the fish doesn't feel like gold then when I go down stream past the same fish , the red and black might arouse him to strike! B)

• 3 weeks later...