28 Mile crossing

Weekend just gone, decided myself and one of my sons should grab some beach time, what with the wind conditions it was quite a ponderous time deciding where to go, Yorkes down south to the Mouth? boating was out of the question well certainly was in my little traveller. :angry: I had hoped it would at least calm down to be fishable on Sat evening and perhaps Sunday Morning, So car packed, little fella picked up off we went, 42 mile was the destination until speaking to Adam the proprietor of the salt creek petrol station and bait store, the place was chockas and what with all the traffic, the beach is slowly getting torn up also with the restriction of tea tree closed and the access of only about 4 k"s of beach to fish, due to the increasing political drama with the parks people not opening any access past where the "Bones" have been found, of which will only be detrimental to the fishos going there and local businesess. :ohmy: It was decided to go to 32 mile , a very wet and muddy drive to the beach as well,, but a hell of a lot of fun :laugh: note: only good or brave fishos should or would take the 4wd on this beach as its soft as hell.Anyway we Lucas , hes 7 and I ended up at 28 mile crossing much to my son taking the mickey out of my map reading skills. Rods out and dinner had swag ready the lil bugger outfished me 8 to 1,.I landed one non legal the next morning, of which we then , due to the increasing wind decided to have a hoot in the hills and some tracks and head off. To say he was chuffed is an understatement, the whole trip home holding his hands apart taking imaginary measurements of his biggest fish Lmao, so the lesson was learnt instead of pondering about the bloody weather as my son made well and clear just get out and do it. We had a ball and cant wait till this weekend for the next destination weather or notCheersSean Posted Image

Hi David, 42 mile isnt closed, BUT there is only about 4 kms of beach to access, unless you break all the rules and bash ur own track past the rangers sign, there is some issue, slightly political as far as I can gather that they wont put in a few star droppers to allow a new track for further access to the area? so the traffic that visits the beach will be chockas and the track will get thrashed most people wont go back untiil tea tree opens cheers for the commentsSean

Hi Joe, yup the boys are growing fast lucas and i had a ball next trip will be with lucas sam and kelsey,and mate all that karma is going to catch up with me hahahaha.kelseys gone off the fishing a bit but the boys are as keen as ever theyve already claimed most of my gear lucas is even trying to pinch a fly rod from me.i need another job to pay for the gear they want hahahahacheers for the comments everyone, tight lines and keep ye arses out of the waterSean

Hi David,Until the water recede and access can be gained via tea tree crossing, mate dont overlook other access tracks like 28 and 32, appaerently the salmon are pretty scattered this season so you might get them anywhere, altho reports say there are more up towards tea tree area and beyond, sure the hole and gutters are a bit more defined and fishy around 42 mile, but good fishing can be had from any of these beaches, good jew and sharks even the odd snapper at the right time can be taken.I got a 15 pound snapper last season and a schoolie around 30 pound, sure it was near 42 but these show up anywhere.......tight lines.Sean

Gday rocknev,3 girls ..struth...ive twin 7 yr boys and my Kelsey is now 9 going on 21, music, texting and attitude.....hope yours fly through that age with not too much drama.....not likely hahaha, she used to love fishing.....oncewon a fishing contest when she was young cuaght a good trout out one of the Saafwa dams, i was a member then just ask projoe, she was stoked and still guards that rod and reel from her brothers , but its not so much too fish with its just out of spite hahahaha.the boys I am positive will figure out a plot to snatch.haha just stay tuned it wont take longCheersS

hI sANDY, MY OTHER SON SAM, aaaah i see im suffering from your affliction, :S :angry: anyway lil sam, just loves to squid, we frequent wallaroo quite often, any squid he gets he gaurds almost too the point of taking them too bed .But ya got too love theyre enthusiasm..sure most times the attention span falls away but its the smiling eyes and faces that make all the planning worthwhileSean B)

David, The tracks to gain access to the beach are a bit of fun most have wet spots hahaha.I wouldnt get onto the beaches at 28 or 32, as you would have to have full trust in ya skills and vehicle, but tracks behind the small dunes at the foreshore at 32 are easy and access a great area to run amongst the sand. Both entries to the beach either at 28 or 32 are real soft so tyres down to 12 and lass and Hi Ho silver away....hahahaSandy,Relaxing ya say hey..perhaps ya might like to swap kids for a trip my boys wear me out hahahahaha, nah ya right its a hoot an will foster memories they will never forget B)

SandyWhiting wrote:

Hi Gelboy, yep sure is, The look on their faces when they hook up is priceless, nothing better, sure beats kids hanging around streets and getting into mischief, gives them something to channel their energy into..Plus its GREAT fun and sooo relaxing.. :)

relaxing? HAdont you mean frustratingnaw i agree... not many people go for a fish and are not tired when they get back.i reckon its the salt air...seems to get you pumped up, but when the trips over, damned if i can keep my eyes open.also makes you hungry