Hmmmm dont think i would try it in case the line gets wrapped round the drill . could be lookin 4 trouble!! :unsure: i have no levelwind on any of my reels either and often take breaks lol another thing that comes to mind is if you pack it on real tight ,and if u somehow cast far or a fish takes a lot of line off and you dont wind it back on as tight , you can then have too much line and the line hits the bars and then u have to stop reeling.cheers and tight lines

Might have been painful if I didnt have level wind :laugh: Dont think the resistance of a cordless drill would make the line 2 tight. Its the second time ive done it and it seems to work ok, but can see why you might be apprehensive to try this method. Just wait till I get that second cordless and try freddy's suggestion :laugh:

i was just kidding ,, :laugh::laugh: but i do mine in a vice with a bolt and a couple of washers and two nuts that way i can lock the nuts on as tight as i want the tension to be to take line of the spool ;);) can can do this with almost any spool ,,cheers freddyboy PS invest in a vice rather then a cordless drill you might have better success :P:PPosted Image

untitled-20091116.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...