Prawn Cocktails anyone

I've been playing around with Liquid Fusion and some plastic sheet material and knocking up some of my favourite flies to fish with. I've been getting a few School Mulloway and Bream with them so the fish think they're alright too.The Liquid Fusion is a great substitute for epoxy and gives the flies a real soft feel but it's still tough and stays clear ( well so far but it's looking good).Anyway here's a few pics.Cheers DarrenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Guest shagging
fishnuts wrote:

I've been playing around with Liquid Fusion and some plastic sheet material and knocking up some of my favourite flies to fish with. I've been getting a few School Mulloway and Bream with them so the fish think they're alright too.The Liquid Fusion is a great substitute for epoxy and gives the flies a real soft feel but it's still tough and stays clear ( well so far but it's looking good).Anyway here's a few pics.Cheers DarrenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

they look good enough to eat mate! well done :)

Im GOBSMACKED.SENSATIONAL..to say the least. I would say after testing that if they are successfull on fish..which i have no doubt they will be, I would be selling them commercially..You could have the potential to make a small fortune and export to the world. The US market for this sort of thing would be huge!Great work mate. :laugh::laugh: If I was into my fly fishing I would be asking to buy some now.

urhookedfish wrote:

Im GOBSMACKED.SENSATIONAL..to say the least. I would say after testing that if they are successfull on fish..which i have no doubt they will be, I would be selling them commercially..You could have the potential to make a small fortune and export to the world. The US market for this sort of thing would be huge!Great work mate. :laugh::laugh: If I was into my fly fishing I would be asking to buy some now.

Thanks mate, These are fully tested and I can assure you they work great ;) .I think the fly tying world can do without me commercially joining their ranks :laugh: as it takes the fun out of it when you have to meet deadlines with your finished products.By tying for myself and a few of my mates it allows me to experiment and still enjoy the whole flyfishing spectrum ;) .CheersDarren

G'day Snapps,I tie them wieghted and unwieghted aswell as the dumbell eyes to flip them over and skip along the bottom. The internally wieghted ones have 7 turns of thin lead wire in them near the midsection to the tail. This helps to get them to balance and sink in a natural looking manner.I tie them from size 6 through to 3/0.As far as spares lying around, well the way these things have been getting smacked lately I'm having trouble keeping up with just tying some for my replacements. The mullies I've been getting lately have a real liking for them too ;) , come on April as I'm looking forward to a favourite little creek of mine firing up aswell :laugh: . Cheers Darren