definately a yabby (cherex destructor) Marron have small spines and thin claws and have a different body shape.south east freshwater crayfish have large spines and look like a murray cray and are only commonly found in the glenelg river system and a handful of stocked areas in the lower south east.just need another 20 of them and you'll have a feed :laugh:cheers

Ha. It's in the post Ranger ;) Not really, I returned it, although the mrs wasn't happy when I told her I had!Caught it at Tailem Bend fishing for carp HAUm, on the PIRSA website it looks more like a cray to me, as it has 5 legs either side and not 3.... but most people still think it's a Yabbie thats eaten too much KFC growth hormones? Posted Image

edit35.JPG

FushLups wrote:

Ha. It's in the post Ranger ;) Not really, I returned it, although the mrs wasn't happy when I told her I had!Caught it at Tailem Bend fishing for carp HAUm, on the PIRSA website it looks more like a cray to me, as it has 5 legs either side and not 3.... but most people still think it's a Yabbie thats eaten too much KFC growth hormones? Posted Image

Just so everyone knows that Murray River Crays are Totally protected in SA

Um, on the PIRSA website it looks more like a cray to me, as it has 5 legs either side and not 3.... but most people still think it's a Yabbie thats eaten too much KFC growth hormones?

Fishlups, yabbies have 5 legs either side, the same as almost all aus crayfish ;) sometimes they lose legs then re-grow them.murrays crays are extremely rare even in the upper part of the river in sa they are rarely found below swan hill as they dissapeared when the locks where built.cheers :)

yep yabby, they grow to over 500g in dams but generally a 200g yab is considered big (all depends on what your used to seeing), at a guess yours looks 140-180g.they generally don't grow to that size in rivers with all the predators around so that is a very large river yabby.cheers

Guest shagging
hoopsy wrote:

nice size yabby but have seen them alot bigger there are some monsters around when i was a lad we caught 2 over a foot long at morgan ;)

Hoopsy thats nothing mate i saw one that was 30 ft tall! i was watching the power rangers though ;):huh::huh::huh::laugh::laugh::laugh: