:laugh: Hi guys,Sorry about the out of focus, im havin trouble making the pics small enough,Im an fisherman, not a computer wizz!I should have practised more, but i couldnt help, gettin it up there lol,Yes its a Port Augusta kingie,flinders channel,I will try and put up a pic of my partner holding him, after all she upped the anchor and did all the deck work, that and if the fish is out of focus shes nicer to look at than me.Thank god we bought a gaff not long ago,Ali Posted Image

DSC00348_1600x1200_50.JPG

Hey Brett,caught the bugger on a live tommy ruff,weve also had success with live gar and live trumpeters,My partner an I really just needed to get out in the boat, life an all, an took a mate that had been missing the tight lines,Wasnt the best tides, or time of day,I got my first lever drag for christmas,(love my partner)We were out in my stacer without a lot of the fancy gear,so with little tide i let the livie find his own depth and was muckin around with the drag, about 3pm, with no more than some tommies and salmon trout it was goin to be last cuppa and up stakes for home, The base model of stacer has no rod holders so she was jammed in between the seat and the esky,Then that gorgeous sound, my drag screamed and the rod was bent more than i thought she could, the first run was hang on, while my partner upped anchor and we got away from the channel marker, my mate upped lines and the berley,I moved the lever from strike and it was still screaming, by the end of the fight i was at the end of the preset, but hauling, we had colour and i had sweat and no breath left, My mate did one great gaff shot first time, while my heart was in my mouth!Best mothers day ive ever had!Ali