Fishin with the Boys

Took Snappermania and his little brother and cousin Squidding this morning hoping to get some some bait and a feed. Went to a spot that is used quite often and threw some jigs in. SM's cousin was the first to land a good sized cuttly on a multicoloured "4 for $10" special. SM followed suit fairly quickly bringing in a good sized calamari on a green cheapy ( Lost his good jig last time we went squidding) :( . Being caught on the cheapies I threw in a blue cloth covered cheapie and guess wot.............NOTHING. About 50 casts with this thing which has been a very successful jig and still nothing in the meantime the two lads are cleaning up. They got 5 cuttlies and 2 squid all up before things went quiet. Took about an hour and a bit so we thought we would try a few other spots. There had to be more around and I wanted a piece of the action :angry::laugh::laugh: . Went up to the light house and there was a number of boats close to shore and most seemed to be pulling in cuttlefishPosted ImagePosted Image but casting from shore we just didnt seem to be able to get a bite. :( We shifted further round again. SM's cuz Charlie was 1st yet again to land a decent cuttly, then SM, then Charlie, a few more from SnapperMania and I still couldnt get a touch. I made a change from the blue cheapie to a black with green striped gesola jig nothin for a good dozen casts. Went to a white with red head gesola, made 4 casts and I finally snagged 1 :) Called my youngest lad over to have a taste of fishing and helped him reel it in :):) . After that SM again was on. I ended up changing jigs again to another gesola but my grand total for the day was a single cuttly :dry: . Charlie brought in the last cuttly for the morning and it was a whopper. The boys were all proud as punch on their effort. They did well. I think I might have to go and buy myself a green cheap jig Cos most hits went to Snapper mania on it. I'll have to buy him another to as the tow point is about to fall out and the body is now split right up the guts of it.Posted ImageThis is a shot before we moved but we ended up with 10 cuttlies and 2 squid all up

:laugh::laugh: Yeah they are AFF, but not like this :laugh::laugh: 1 more squid/cuttly and it would have falen apart on its own. He has just thrown it out. The whole nose has come away :laugh: Nothin like gettin the kids out for a fish Dubs. They had a ball and there was only 1 inking incident :laugh:
afishyfish wrote:

vb4me wrote:

Nothin like gettin the kids out for a fish Dubs. They had a ball and there was only 1 inking incident :laugh:

I reckon they got off lightly.You probably did too when their mum found them :huh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yeah for a squiddin session they did extremely well and considering the pair of em were wearing good jumpers having only a pair of black trackies hit was a brilliant effort.Im in the clear mate :laugh::laugh:
vb4me wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

vb4me wrote:

Nothin like gettin the kids out for a fish Dubs. They had a ball and there was only 1 inking incident :laugh:

I reckon they got off lightly.You probably did too when their mum found them :huh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yeah for a squiddin session they did extremely well and considering the pair of em were wearing good jumpers having only a pair of black trackies hit was a brilliant effort.Im in the clear mate :laugh::laugh:
Next time dress them as Ninjas and you'll be fine no worries :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

always amazes me how well kids go on squid- i was squidding on Edithburgh jetty once, didnt pull a single one in, sat down to eat some lunch and two young fellas showed up, stood 5m either side of me and started pulling them in one after another (one kid even had the same jag and colour i did)- so i thought bugger it and put my lunch down, i still didnt catch any and they kept on coming for the kids :laugh::laugh: anyway... well done mate, it looked like a great session. :)

ScaleyTom wrote:

Always a fantastic write up, and beautiful pics Bro. Looks like the terrible three are in there element. I know they are good boys, and love their fishing so you would have had no hassles with them rat bags :P As expected, catch coming aboard. Otherwise they would be riding motorbikes B)

Cheers Bro. They had a ball
vb4me wrote:

rocknev wrote:

ive partial to a pink jig, the older and beat up the better.

:laugh::laugh: whatever turns u on mate :laugh::laugh:
SQUID jig mate hahahahaha...truth be known, the pink one im suing at the moment has took a beating from them cuttlies... the cloth is ripped, its eyes are long gone, and its almost stained black from the cuttlie ink.
SandyWhiting wrote:

Well Mr Scaley and VB went out and took the boys fishing, Snappermania caught one salmon trout , charlie his cuz caught one tommie and a salmon trout woot woot :woohoo: :woohoo: , and VB caught the rest..So we are going to smoke them in the smoker :woohoo: :woohoo: Posted Image

wohooooooooooooo.. some nice size tommies there for sure...well done...PERFECT for a whole bait :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
SandyWhiting wrote:

No No No, there is salmon trout and one Tommie nev

ooops... my bad... im not seeing straight, THANKS TO THE BLOODY FITTER AT WORK WHO WONT TAKE TIME OFF WHEN HES AS SICK AS A DOG....typical ranga... :laugh: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... sure mr fitter... bring it in and share it around... so far he has infected the other boilermaker on our shift, who went home today sick...and after another look sandy, yep... its ALL bait... thats all i can see....naw... good on em for getting out there and getting stuck into them. :)

Na His Cuz Got Inked... :laugh: They had a right laff.. :laugh::laugh: My Eldest went out today, its his 17th Birthday, he wanted to fish with VB, so they went and got this, so SHOW ME LOOK, smoked Salmon trout..Posted ImageNow he is Off and Out with his mates.... :lol: VB has cooked up the Flathead tonight he caught a couple of days ago, another one .. mouth watering...With salad an Pommes chips...Lish.. B)Posted Image