Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

Salmon are sea carp they will take most lures.Metal slugs are the go with a fast retrieve some brands raider (samboman was using these down browns this weekend and cleaned up) arma, halco, instinct and gillies.

Yep the raiders are sweet ;) 40g and 65g will get you fish....I was using 6kg mono with a 20lb leader and 65g raider at Browns this morning.... had my bag of 10 fish in 11 casts all fish around 5lb... and then C&R 40 to 50 more fish b4 having to leave..... they where still slamming the raider at 9.30am and left them biting :)Sambo
afishyfish wrote:

Del wrote:

at browns last weekend i found me a lovely 60 gram gillies in pilchard colours up by the dunes. went for a slash and came back with a lure..

with the wind and cold Del, sure it was a blue lure you were holding :unsure::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh: It probably felt as cold as stainless steel down there !!
jagger wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

Del wrote:

at browns last weekend i found me a lovely 60 gram gillies in pilchard colours up by the dunes. went for a slash and came back with a lure..

with the wind and cold Del, sure it was a blue lure you were holding :unsure::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh: It probably felt as cold as stainless steel down there !!
down where :silly: :laugh:
sheza wrote:

Need some lure tips what are people using for salmon ive seen alot of guys using lures iam interested into what is the best and what people are using cheers

if you're targeting them in west lakes, the port, the pat or the breakwaters give soft plastics ago. berkley gulps, powerbaits and squidgys 3" or 4" all work fine for me.