Best Fishing in the World, WHERE?

So where do you reckon is the fisho's paradise lads/lasses? Is it all about the fish or does it have something to do with the location and scenery?Anyone experienced an incredible fishing expedition over seas? It would be interesting to hear your comments folks,onya Marko. :woohoo:

Johnny Rotten wrote:

once caught a mullet at Granite Island.......happy to have caught a fish overseas

Must have been in the '80s when you caught your mullet... obviously your casting must have improved since then, was the guy still attached to his mullet or was it just a wig? :laugh::laugh:
MarsOne wrote:

IMHO - I reckon the best fishing one could hope to do is in a picture-perfect English/Scottish/Irish/Central European stream.One of the rivers we spotted in Switzerland near Interlaken :woohoo: Too bad I didn't get to fish it :(

Yep, I know what you mean, I remember fishing some streams back in "OL' Blighty" for trout, honestly some of the streams were no more than a meter wide and you wouldn't believe the fish that came out of them!... Went with a mate on Monday to a small stream literally less than 30cm deep, brown trout chasing the lures, magic. Ever seen the dvd: "A River Runs Through It?" (At least that is what I think it was called), fantastic mate, wets your appetite. Onya, Marko.
blackbeard wrote:

There is a saying I have and that is , Where ever you go -- there you are!-------- yer ok mate you've got me I never caught anything bigger than a tommy ruff :S

Nothing wrong with the humble Tommy, mate, sometimes its that magic day when the weather is perfect, fish on the bite and best of all your not at work.
marko wrote:

Johnny Rotten wrote:

once caught a mullet at Granite Island.......happy to have caught a fish overseas

Must have been in the '80s when you caught your mullet... obviously your casting must have improved since then, was the guy still attached to his mullet or was it just a wig? :laugh::laugh:
not that long ago,but a guy was fishing close by,wearing the ever popular flannelette / track pants / thong combo,with a mullet hair do,his kid looked like a stunned mullet,and his "rotund" missus(who was probably his sister) with half her teeth missing smelled like a blind mullet,and the daughter was really badly sunburned........she looked like a red mullet.........when I got back to my car,there was a hooker near by,and she looked like a scrub mullet.oh,and in my berley cage was "mullet mix" :ohmy:
Johnny Rotten wrote:

marko wrote:

Johnny Rotten wrote:

not that long ago,but a guy was fishing close by,wearing the ever popular flannelette / track pants / thong combo,with a mullet hair do,his kid looked like a stunned mullet,and his "rotund" missus(who was probably his sister) with half her teeth missing smelled like a blind mullet,and the daughter was really badly sunburned........she looked like a red mullet.........when I got back to my car,there was a hooker near by,and she looked like a scrub mullet.oh,and in my berley cage was "mullet mix" :ohmy:
Hmmm, given me something to think about Johnny, I will have to... "Mull-et over". I reckon you must have experienced that perfect day's fishing in a great location, where was it mate and what did you catch?

I'm looking foward to a trip to New Guinea to target GIANT black bass in the mangroves using 150lb braid and the heaviest spin rod I can find.From all accounts their one of the best fighting fish on the planet!Id'e better keep saving those $$ so I can get up there :)cheers

urhookedfish wrote:

I think John Walkley last trip to NZ would have me believe that it has to be the land of the long white cloud.Big Kingies, big Reds and monster trout in nearly every stream. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: TAKE ME THEIR NOW.... :laugh::)

I agree but the only problem with fishing with that little Kiwi bugger is he keeps jumping ahead of you and knocking off all the good spots first. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Cheers Darren

Interesting replies folks, I guess where ever you are it depends on the magic on the day, weather, hungry fish, location and good company. I lived in Zimbabwe for some years, tell you what tiger fish are an amazing fish to catch, pretty agro with a mouth full of teeth.I was in Scotland for 2 years the salmon there were magic. South Africa was quite an experience to on the fishing front. Must admit that I think Oz has so much going for it though with so many climatically diverse areas. Enjoyed fishing in Tassie. Onya guys, Marko.

rocknev wrote:

does anybody else feed the urge to go to florida and fish for a tarpon? they are often caught on fly rods as well...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8xIfDF9fWk&feature=related

Nice one Nev, Tarpon seem to be a pretty good fish, gutsy. Have you checked out Marlin on youtube, they have attitude, a couple of the marlin actually spear some unwary fishos as they are hauled in. Not sure how to down load the footage to S.H. any advice Nev as I reckon it's interesting footage? Worth a look. Onya Marko.
marko wrote:

rocknev wrote:

does anybody else feed the urge to go to florida and fish for a tarpon? they are often caught on fly rods as well...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8xIfDF9fWk&feature=related

Nice one Nev, Tarpon seem to be a pretty good fish, gutsy. Have you checked out Marlin on youtube, they have attitude, a couple of the marlin actually spear some unwary fishos as they are hauled in. Not sure how to down load the footage to S.H. any advice Nev as I reckon it's interesting footage? Worth a look. Onya Marko.
ive seen a few marlin ones marko.. just go to the top, and cut and paste the link... should work

Hi marko, i was in Sth. Africa back in 1980 and saw some guys catching Elf, known here as Tailor. They are pretty common on the east coast of Oz where I live.Marlin are pretty common here too, and caught surprisingly close to the coast at times. Here's a couple of youtube clips I put up. It's my mate on the rod earlier this yearhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FApjzKYfKKYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSRQ1RcZgg&feature=related

Lived In Queensy for yrs , and fished there, caught some nice flathead out of the TweedHeads river, also other fish, whiting, Muddies, Bream, with VB4ME.. Fished alot of places around the area up there, BUT give me South Australian Waters Any day...In My book there is nothing better than our waters...