G-Loomis Expeditor Warranty Crap

G'day Guys,I don't know if this effects spin and baitcaster rods but it sure as hell effects flyrods from G-Loomis. In their infinate wisdom now that Dumpfy sports has taken over the distribution of ALL G-Loomis gear in this country they have decided to up the costs of their Expeditor Warranty. The prices for GLX model rods has gone from $200 to between $417 to $490 to have your broken rod replaced under this program. I for one am glad I only have 1 G-Loomis rod to worry about breaking and I will not be buying any more. That makes them very expensive tomato stakes if you do have the misfortune of breaking one. Like I said I'm not sure if rods besides flyrods are included in this but I would presume so if you have bought a Loomis in this country that is under the Expeditor Warranty banner.Cheers Darren

I have broken my streamdance glx 3 times.Once in Tassie in the national fly fishing titles(I fell over) , once in SA fishing a dam(hit it with a tungsten bead) and once in NZ on the Turangi Taupo River(bead again).Two were replaced in Australia for the $200 expiditor warranty and the other was replaced on the same day in NZ by The creel (a Loomis dealer in Turangi) for $200 NZ.So I am on my fourth streamdance .I always considered this excellent service so I am dissapointed to read the change.I always thought this was a worldwide warranty as it was honoured in NZ for a rod originally purchased in Aus?!Each time they replaced the whole rod ,not one of four pieces.Most of my other fly rods are Sage but they must go back Bainbridge island in US for replacement.Also owner pays for freight and only the broken piece is replaced.I think I will by Sage only in future as the build quality is also slightly better and the new Gen sage's are carbon scrim now as Loomis have been since GLX was invented.If I break my Loomis again I will take it on my next NZ trip and try to get it replaced there for $200 NZ.Hope I don't break my old P8400 spin rod.Thanks for the heads up Darren.Cheers Rollcast

It is true fellas and it hurts real bad. Here in OZ we pay top dollar for our Loomis gear and for them to do this is, friggin bullshit.I am glad I only have 1 Loomis as I said but I was going to get myself a nice 7wt GLX Cross current which will now become an even more attractive Sage TCX 7wt :P .Rollcast you are right, that's exactly how the Expediter Warranty was working, it's ashame as it was a very good deal and one that made Loomis an even better rod to buy as you always had backup if you broke your rod while you were away. The price has been giong up over the last couple of years as it actually started at $80.00 for the full changeover and has risen gradually since then to $200. If any of you blokes own Loomis gear I would be getting an email off to Shimano Australia and John Dumphy Sports and finding out where you stand with your spin rods e.t.c.There used to be a reason to buy rods in Australia and support your local shops e.t.c. but from now on all mine will be coming from the U.S. no matter what if this is how the distributors here are going to treat us. It probably wouldn't hurt to send an angry email or two off to Dumphy Sports and Shimano Australia and let them know what you think either.Cheers Darren

• 3 weeks later...