Land based ideas for ST's sunday morning?

Guys, dropped in on the local fishing store this arvo and scoured a nice smoker for a bargain price. So I want to christen it ASAP!!! Boat is to hard atm but I can get away for a few hrs landbased on sunday morning.High tide round 7ish, 20-25Knot SW. Im thinking soaking a few pilchard pieces at Porties Jetty may be may best chance.Also was thinking a nice spot in the lake or the Port,but not to clued up on good land based spots north/west of the CBD.Mybe Vietch rd, SW (would sort off help cast), or under a bridge in the lake somewhereLive CBD, so 1/2hr travel would be my limit.Ideas? :)

Ale most places in the Port Ive caught ST...its always good to look for patches of Seagulls, I also like going below the new bridge or from the rocks near the new boat marina of george robertson drive.I never really use bait for them always throw around a couple of Hardbodies or flick baits and usually strike it lucky eventually.With the south westerlies you can just find a spot your casting with the wind so your not fighting to get lures out far enough.

Ale,I was on the southern end of southport today and scored more than a dozen trouties. I'll be on pieties jetty from 4am onwards on Sunday morn if ya keen to say G'day. I woul expect the salmon will almost certainly turn up there at some stage on Sunday, weather will be perfect for it

Thanx Skudded, those tips have come in handy, gives me a good starting point in the area.As for 2morro, Im thinking Il head to porties, whispers of a few fish down there and a good excuse to pick up the old man and spend some time on the planks together. Been a long time since Ive fished off a jetty, the most memorable ones with the old man, at Porties on Rapids in the late 80's early 90's.Hopefully 2moro morn is good.Il be sure to say gooday Saltz, what do I look for? B)

batesmotel wrote:

Sorry for asking a dumb question but which jetty is "Porties". With an onshore wind I thaught the jetties would be exposed.

That one had me confused for quite some time too.......it's Port Noarlunga!A souwester blowing out there pushes the fish around inside the reef, where they swim past the jetty.Keep in mind, after a good souwester the salmon should be on at Port Noarlunga, and it will normally be shoulder to shoulder on the jetty.
OLD SALTY wrote:

mate ill be in all dark green water proof gear with one surf rod and a blue and yellow New Holland tackle bag. probably fishing half way up on the nth side

Mate, again, I reckon I was next to you, but since everybody except me had a surf rod, and I didnt spy a tackle bag of that description, I didnt say hi.I only scored the one throw back ST, was pretty queit except the few locals with tiny hooks catching a nice bag of barely legals.Was still good to catch up with my old man, see and feel mother natures fury.Nice in front of the heater now tho :)