Wallaroo Snapper Rigs?

Hey,Running rig, have the sinker running on an easy rig clip on the main line and a short length of heavy trace to the hooks. I usually use 2-3oz when casting under and lighter when casting out (if you can get away with it). Same rig can be used with livies the sinker helps keep the livie in between the pylons and not on them.James

afishyfish wrote:

penthrox wrote:

Hi,Just wondering what people use for a rig at Wallaroo of the jetty with both livies and dead bait?Running sinker, float, paternoster etc???Thanks for any help :)

I have no idea on how to land a good size snapper off a jetty :huh: A cliff gaff or simialr might be an idea too ;)
carefully eased into a crab net and lifted up ;) Sambo

When you cast under the jetty do you guys let the bait and sinker stay right on the sea floor and set it there? Im not a fan of wallaroo yet as i find it tuff fishing that jetty.Seems i always go there on dodge tides too , that prob dont help either the few times ive tried there.thanks penthrox 4 the subject n all your help guys.

afishyfish wrote:

I have no idea on how to land a good size snapper off a jetty :huh: A cliff gaff or simialr might be an idea too ;)

Extendable pole gaff, Rangoon cane pole gaff, or drop gaff. If it aint at least 14ft ya wasting ya time.Yeah crab nets work, but the fish has to be well & trully beaten. Otherwise they are frought with danger as the fish makes last ditch dives. Also not as useful in the wind or with losts of swell.If you were serious about it I think you need to have the right landing gear as well as the tackle to pull them out.