Well that depends on personal preference, I reckon you have 2 options, modern light weight carbon fibre or the sturdy ol ugly stick style composite job.As fushy said take the reel in and strap it to some rods you like the look of until you find something you like.My choice for that reel would be an Ugly stick to create the ultimate break before you do, tough as nails, knock about snapper stopper. ;)

I would be looking to go to Sportsfishing scene at Cavan and see if you can find a Calstar from the USA. These are wicked Graphite sticks and if you can find one of the tougher/heavier models in about 6foot6 it will pear up beautifully with the 950SS.Im not quite sure what the total cost would be but it would be around 150-200 or so. These are beautifull rods with heaps of power. The advantage of having one of these rods and an SS is you could stop just about anything but you would have the sensitivity in the tip too feel fairly tiny bites from big fish. Ie it will have immense stopping power but you will not miss hooking some timid or soft biting reds.

checked my emails for the first time in about 2 weeks. had an email from like a liquidation sale, auction stuff off from businesses that go bust. TACKLEWORLD!!! it was on sunday. i can not beleive i missed it. auctioning all rods and reels hooks line everything. would have been perfect for you to pick something good up cheap. would have been good for all of us! haha